Difficult induction but so worth it! Alice born 11/12/11 at 6:11

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
MY beautiful daughter arrived on Sunday after a bit of a rubbish labour.

I was brought in for induction on Thursday, 1cm dilated, uneffaced. I was given the propess pessary and left for 24 hours.
The following day (3pm) I was told by the registrar (lets call him registrar A) I would have my waters broken and be put on syntocinon as things had started to thin out.

It was 2am before I was taken to the delivery suite. Only to be told the registrar (registrar B) now on duty wouldn't be able to break the waters. I was then given prostin gel and taken back down to the ward.

Again it was delayed and I wasn't taken back to the delivery suite until registrar A had returned at midday on Sunday, very angry about the fact I still hadn't been helped along successfully. It took him around 10 minutes to rupture my waters (the prostin did nothing) and get me set up on Synto.

3 hours later I was in active labour with very strong contractions every 2 minutes for a minute. It became clear that baby was OP as I was feeling the contractions in my spine (oooouch)

I asked for an epidural but wasn't able to get one until 4 hours later. After the epidural I managed to get a few hours sleep while we waited for me to dilate and baby to descend.

Eventually I started to feel like I had to push and 2 hours later baby Alice arrived after a normal delivery. I had to have an episiotomy but am recovering well./ She was born 6:11am after 18 hrs labour 7lb6 and 54 cm long

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/386456_10150422986318715_507918714_8883718_1705844696_n.jpg

huge congrats hun, shes beautiful!

She is going to be a heart breaker! He he, absolutly beautifull! Well done you!

Oh wow she is absolutely gorgeous you must be thrilled! Glad she is here for you and a good tip for the cut is to pour a jug of warm water on you while you pee it stops it stinging xx

she's goregeous jen.. how ya feeling?shame u had a rough time tho wss^^ jug of warm water or pee in the shower lol x

Congratulations hun! You're on my friends list from Katie's testing threads, what must seem for you a long time ago now! I noticed your avatar had changed, well done, she's beautiful! I'm still TTC, its weird when your previous TTC buddies have their babies now! Never mind, our time will come! Hope you're alldoing well.

Cantwaitforu - were you in the Spotting week before AF thread? I think you were one of the first BFP's, congrats on your baby too, gorgeous!

xx

aw so cute!
Congratulations and now go dig into something high in carbs and sugar!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back