Diflucan. Should I trust the doc?

Periwinkle58

Reaction score
So very early in my pregnancy before I even knew I was pregnant I took diflucan 5x (at 1,2,3, then at 7,8 wks). I've since read up on the fact that it causes birth defects which really worries me. So far my baby is healthy through ultrasounds and blood work. But I just went to the doc n I have another infection. She gave me diflucan (1) and tercanozole cream to use together. When I brought up my worries she looked at me like I was crazy and said she wouldn't prescribe it if it were bad for the baby. Should I just trust her or not risk it?

Check with your pharmacist who will complain to the doc/offer an alternative if it's bad for you. Honestly, doctors aren't always 100% on the medications, but pharmacists deal with this all day. (this is advice from a nurse friend of mine who has seen hospital physicians prescribe potentially toxic combinations)

If your pharmacist has nothing, go ahead and take it.

I don't know too much about that drug but it's a similar scenario with Ondanestron. I read about the law suits in the US re-birth defects taking it but my doctor said she wouldn't prescribe me anything that she didn't consider safe.. so I've taken it since week 6 and I still am at 19 weeks. The pharmacist asked if I was pregnant but just said that the guidance is not to take when pregnant and they had to let me know!

Tough one but is it for thrush? If so, there options considered totally safe? The peasant/suppository is considered safe along with cream? I actually find the pessary more effective than the oral pill. A bit messier but it gets straight to the problem! It should be available over the counter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->