Dinners that lo can feed themselves ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I'm not really following any type of weaning as such, we started blw, then turned to tw but now lo has taken to taking the food out the bowl herself (has done on macaroni cheese, lasagne and omelette) what else can I give her to encourage her to do it herself (without toooo much mess)

A favourite here is fish fingers, new potatoes, green beans and carrots:thumbup:

Do you give normal fish fingers or make them? I have FF in the freezer but didn't know if he could have them x

Do you give normal fish fingers or make them? I have FF in the freezer but didn't know if he could have them x

I get 100% fillet fish fingers from M and S! LO eats better than we do:flower:

For dinnertime we'll sometimes give Callum a picnic style lunch - sandwich, salad, fruit, organix crisps etc. He loves them, it can get quite messy though! xx

I'm not really following any type of weaning as such, we started blw, then turned to tw but now lo has taken to taking the food out the bowl herself (has done on macaroni cheese, lasagne and omelette) what else can I give her to encourage her to do it herself (without toooo much mess)

Just wanted to say its refreshing to read that someone has been doing the same as me as I was getting too stressed over I should be doing it BLW or TW. We started BLW have actually found it quite difficult at times so sometimes have TW and then worried about "not doing things right". I've found now I do what we feel like at the time and there really shouldn't be any labels on how to wean, its hard enough as it is! :thumbup:

Going to try some of those M&S fish fingers as I was looking at the ones in the supermarket the other day and I wasnt sure about them

Hey, my LO really likes pitta bread with something like hummous to dip it into - fun but possibly a little messy! Um, you could do a roast and cut her meat and veg into strips, my LO used to get stuck into most pasta dishes with her fingers, homemade burgers?
I also pinched this idea off a lady on here a while ago, but if you make some soup and dunk bread into it, the soggy bread makes quite a nice finger food :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->