Dion Thomas Edward Burgin - 8th August 2009

MummyBurgo

I love my boys x
Reaction score
Dont know how to start these things so just gonna go for it lol.

Saw the MW on the wednesday 5th for a sweep as I was 2 days over and I really didnt wanna be induced this time,when she did the sweep she said I was 2-3cm's already and I had a good sweep. Wasnt at all looking forward to the sweep as read so many things about them,but it didnt hurt was just uncomfy.

Lost my plug on the thursday 6th but had no pains,went to see my MW on the friday 7th and she said she thought he would of been here by now,but to go and have a second sweep on the monday.
So we went shopping later that day and nothing,started getting pains at 7pm ish but thought nothing of them as I had been getting pains lasting a few hours to a day over the past few weeks and they had always ended up being nothing.

The pains were coming every 7-10 minutes,and then they stopped at about 10pm and had the odd one when I went to bed at midnight.

I was about to fall asleep when I got a real bad pain so got out of bed and sat on the loo till it past,dont know why I did that tho :rofl:
So shut my eyes and got another one,so went downstairs to sit with my mum,and had another one they were about 4 minutes apart.

I then decided to call the hospital,and had to contractions whilst on the phone,I was told to come in but maybe sent home.

So I got hubby up and we set off,I had to wait for a contraction to pass before I got in the car and hubby was moaning are you getting in. Had a lot of contractions on the way there and they came when we were gonna go over a speed bump.

Got to the hospital at 2am to find we couldnt get in :hissy: the lady was on the loo,finally got in and went to delievery suite to be told to wait to be checked! I was finally checked it felt like ages we had to wait but probs wasnt, I was 5cm's and was told they would keep me in.

Had to wait for MW to take us to the delievery room,and when I got there I asked for a epidural and they would call for someone to do it,I got on the bed and started on the gas and air,finally they came to do the epidural but she couldnt do it and made 3 holes in my back before getting it right!(my back is still bruised) I had a button that I could push if I needed to every 30minutes.
I was then told they wouldnt check me till 6am,so we waited and I was updating my facebook and texting ppl lol.

At 6am they checked me and I was 8cm's but waters hadnt gone they asked if I wanted them broken but I said no,they did then start to go on there own. At 7.30 it was shift change and got another MW,they decided to check me again at 10am. But then some water leaked and it had baby's poo in,so we were told that when I was ready to push a dr would be there to check baby and clear him if needed,they also brought a different cot in.
My MIL arrived at about 8.30 she was great.

At 9.30 they decided to check me as I kept telling them I needed to push,and they checked and I was fully dilated so at 9.40 I began to push... I remember when he was on his way out the MW looked at the other MW and she said you just have to deliver baby,and out he came he didnt cry I was so worried something was wrong,(hubby tells me his cord was round his neck)then he cried! :cloud9: hubby got to cut the cord and then the dr checked him over before handing him to me,he went on the breast pretty soon after the birth,and took to it well.

He arrived at 9.54am only 14minutes of pushing :happydance: and weighed 8lb 9oz

I did need stitches for 2nd degree tears but got high on the gas and air while they did that it was fab lol.
They then brought us a pot of tea and some toast,which was the best I have had :rofl:

At 3pm my son and mum came to see us and that was lovely. I then went to melton birth centre were I stayed for 2 days to have a lovely rest.

Attachments

• ABCD0004.jpg
    ABCD0004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
  • ABCD0008.JPG
    ABCD0008.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 57
That's a really lovely birth story hun! Glad it went smoothly for you. :hugs::hugs:

Also I was so shocked when I saw your FB updates!! I could barely think straight I was so tired yet you let the world know!

He is gorgeous!

I can't believe they left you for so long overnight though...

Aww that's brill i'm glad it was quick for you.

Congratulations again hun. Borth story is fab and ur little man is sooo cute!!! x x x

Congrats!!!! This sounds so much like the delivery of my second( my son) I was only in labor for 5 hours and 3 cm dilated when I got there but it only took 14 minutes of pushing and he also weighed 8lbs 9oz :) second births are always easier I think, I am curious to see how fast this one goes!

yay i found it!! lol

lovely birth story hun...hes such a cutie...look at all that dark hair!! xxxx congrats x

Congrats just adorable. xxx

yay i found it!! lol

lovely birth story hun...hes such a cutie...look at all that dark hair!! xxxx congrats x

Levi had dark hair when he was born now its blonde lol so be interesting to see if his hair changes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->