• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirty Laundry on Facebook

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
Who's guilty of doing it? (I am :blush:) but that being said my ventings are to a restricted group that not everyone can see.

How often do you come across it? I saw something today where a friend had posted a beautiful tribute to her friend that had passed away years ago, and then in it someone else commented on it berating her for not doing it "properly". :dohh:

Makes me think that its so easy to sit behind a computer and say these things to people, things you'd never dream of saying to someone in real life.

What's the worst that's happened to you? Most bizarre?

I got reamed out by my husband's family for rinsing ground beef after I've fried it. Generally when making tacos or frying up some ground beef for spaghetti sauce I'll drain the fat off the beef and then give it a quick rinse. Easy way to get extra fat off. :haha:

I was tarred and feathered by his family who all ganged up on me and said it was "creepy" and "gross". I'm still baffled by that to this day! :rofl:

Eww you creepy mince rinser :haha:. I got criticised for posting a oicture of myself where I was heavily pregnant, I was wearing clothes but the "friend" said "errm maybe rethink the picture..." when I asked why she said "you can totally see you're pregnant here, do you want everyone seeing your bump? KNowing how it got there? Kind of immoral??"
It was really weird- she is quite prudish but still, I don't think people see a baby bump and start seeing the night of conception lol.

Omg :rofl:

That's a mental picture you just can't erase with conception night ha ha ha. Who thinks like that? I see a bump and all I think of is "awww can't wait to meet baby!"

It is a weird go-to for sure! I felt like posting a picture saying "9 months earlier..." and recreating the scene, but then I thought I'd probably get banned from FB and also maybe arrested :haha:.

P.S- making chilli tonight, I am totally rinsing the mince, I think that's a genius idea for getting rid of fat!

Hahahaha! I am laughing so much, I always rinse mince (ground beef) so I will join you in the creepy and gross line, Tiff.

As for you Eleanor, didnt you know that you were suppose to stay in the house and not let any one see that bump, you immoral person? :haha:

I overshare on one of my facebooks, however it is only forum friends (BnB girls and SANDS girls) so I think of it very much like posting on a forum. On my ones with family and RL friends I never post anything heavy, in fact I rarely post. I just looked and I've posted four times this year, which if you're on my forum fb you will know is less than I post daily on there :rofl:

I have had an argument with the MIL via fb though (although using my DH account), she put up a status telling the world I was evil and mothers take note not to let your boys marry people like me :dohh: Arguing back wasnt my best ever move, but she said some awful things about me, so I wanted to let her friends know the truth.

Hahahaha Eleanor, you totally should of.

Not that I judge anyone who does it mind you, because I'm a firm believer into each their own... but the one who said I was creepy and gross for rinsing my ground beef also ate her own placenta. :shrug: Priorities? :haha:

Ugh I hear you with family on FB Tasha. :dohh: P's aunt and uncle are the nicest people when you see them IRL but get them behind a computer and they're such bullies. :roll:

Good on you for sticking up for yourself though hun. I stuck up for my friend yesterday which resulted in me getting a PM from the girl being nasty telling me to go eff myself. :rofl:

But did she rinse the placenta first? :haha:

Yeah family can be PITA's on facebook, which is why mine are on a different one. Haha.

I am sure your friend was so grateful for you defending her. It was massively awkward and she might of felt unable to defend herself given what day it was :hugs:

She ended up calling me last night after work thanking me. Felt nice to stick up for someone who was getting bullied. :mrgreen:

BAHAHAHA I bet she didn't rinse it :winkwink: Hmm, I internet argue on FB a lot it seems. :blush:

One time I posted an article I'd written for a fashion magazine on my FB. OH and his friend started jokingly making fun of the content via the comments box on FB as they find fashion ridiculous. After a while it really got to me and this was a point when my OH couldn't find work and was being really lazy about it and I was just generally having a hard time with him overall. So in the end I put a huge rant in reply about if he stopped making fun of my job he might be able to find one of his own etc etc :blush:

Have probably posted worse in the past too.

Ha ha, that's awesome Emy! And fair enough, there's no reason to dis someone else's job... especially if its your OH! :hugs:

Hahaha Emy. I say good for you, he can think fashion is silly/stupid/whatever but still be supportive of what you do x

I think I was just pissed off in general at the time, I know he was only joking! Bit embarrassed that everyone saw it though :blush:

I find at times too that tone is very hard to figure out over text on a screen. So there's been times I've flown off the handle and then afterwards have it explained to me better and go "oh. :blush: " :haha:

I instigated a bit on FB the other day actually. :blush: I just hate those stupid pictures where they said that if you as a worker have to be drug tested for your paycheque then so should people on welfare.

First of all, I don't do drugs. No offense intended to anyone who does, it just doesn't do anything for me so I don't. :flower: However, where we live as far as I know its rare to be drug tested for a job. More often than not there's 1 drug test to GET the job (and even that's few and far between. I looked up stats and less than 10% of all workplaces in Canada do drug testing) and then that's that.

I dunno. I feel that its perpetuating a stereotype. Not all people on welfare are lazy drug addicts. :shrug: I personally can't stand painting everyone with the same brush. Of course there are those that do abuse the system, but that's not all of them.

How demoralizing for the people who do use Welfare as the stepping stone it is meant to be! Not anyone I know of needs to be drug tested before they get each pay! :nope:

I find at times too that tone is very hard to figure out over text on a screen. So there's been times I've flown off the handle and then afterwards have it explained to me better and go "oh. :blush: " :haha:

I instigated a bit on FB the other day actually. :blush: I just hate those stupid pictures where they said that if you as a worker have to be drug tested for your paycheque then so should people on welfare.

First of all, I don't do drugs. No offense intended to anyone who does, it just doesn't do anything for me so I don't. :flower: However, where we live as far as I know its rare to be drug tested for a job. More often than not there's 1 drug test to GET the job (and even that's few and far between. I looked up stats and less than 10% of all workplaces in Canada do drug testing) and then that's that.

I dunno. I feel that its perpetuating a stereotype. Not all people on welfare are lazy drug addicts. :shrug: I personally can't stand painting everyone with the same brush. Of course there are those that do abuse the system, but that's not all of them.

How demoralizing for the people who do use Welfare as the stepping stone it is meant to be! Not anyone I know of needs to be drug tested before they get each pay! :nope:

I am exactly like this. I'm really outspoken on FB if someone pisses me off with some dumb statement about immigration/people on benefits etc etc. Recently someone I'm not friends with said on a friend's status something along the lines of the fact that all Muslims were evil and should be banned from the UK because of the London bombings. I went absolutely mental at her! Then again I probably would have been the same IRL!

I am that way IRL when it comes to social injustices. Not every muslim is a terrorist, not every black person is a mugger/thief, not every person on welfare is a drug addicted bum. :(

Ugh, people drive me nuts at times. How hard is it to live and let live? If someone is doing you wrong, talk to that person. If they aren't, leave them alone. :flower:

I am so bad on FB. I rarely post status' etc. I'm that annoying person who only posts photos:haha:

But I spend the day 'cruising' it. And I find it impossible to delete those who have a daily dose of drama. The other day, a girl I went to school with posted a huge great rant about her ex boyfriend who had cheated on her. I've we written shorter essays. But his family started defending him and one of the comments was(and I quote);

"ur 1 2 talk nicole. if he isnae gettin it at home he needs it from sumwer. nd who wud want to shag u anywiy after u shat ursel so badly wen u had dj. hahahah dinny start geein him jip coz u werny givin him wat all men need"

Which for those who don't speak Scottish chav, it translates as;

"You are one to talk, Nicole. If he isn't getting it at home he needs it from somewhere. And who would want to have sex with you after you pooed yourself so badly when you gave birth to your son. Don't start giving him jip (to annoy someone, I think) just because you weren't giving him what all men need'

... That was his mother:wacko:

I wish I could copy and paste the whole thing. It was poetry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->