• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirty Laundry on Facebook

I am so bad on FB. I rarely post status' etc. I'm that annoying person who only posts photos:haha:

But I spend the day 'cruising' it. And I find it impossible to delete those who have a daily dose of drama. The other day, a girl I went to school with posted a huge great rant about her ex boyfriend who had cheated on her. I've we written shorter essays. But his family started defending him and one of the comments was(and I quote);

"ur 1 2 talk nicole. if he isnae gettin it at home he needs it from sumwer. nd who wud want to shag u anywiy after u shat ursel so badly wen u had dj. hahahah dinny start geein him jip coz u werny givin him wat all men need"

Which for those who don't speak Scottish chav, it translates as;

"You are one to talk, Nicole. If he isn't getting it at home he needs it from somewhere. And who would want to have sex with you after you pooed yourself so badly when you gave birth to your son. Don't start giving him jip (to annoy someone, I think) just because you weren't giving him what all men need'

... That was his mother:wacko:

I wish I could copy and paste the whole thing. It was poetry.

What a fucking cow!! Ew and such a weird way to talk about your son :shock:

I'm a bit like you emy, I need to stick my oar in when someone shares one of those fake immigration infographics. That stuff gets shared way too easily as it is.

I very, very, very rarely get involved in personal drama though (can't even remember if it's even happened) as it's just the weirdest setting - anyone can read it!

I don't know his family. But you can just tell from FB that they're the bottom of the barrel. The girl in question was so lovely until she got involved with him too.

I love a good debate on FB. I'm straight in there when someone starts posting rubbish about the referendum! Things like immigration I tend to steer clear from though as I get far too involved.

I also love the page of the ice hockey team I support after a controversial game. It's usually me v a load of middle aged men from the opposing team. Throwing around phrases like 'Are you blind?!' and 'Did we even watch the same game?!'. I tend to lose all eloquence on that page.

I tend to keep my gripes and moans away from Facebook, I find it easier to just moan to hubby or txt my sister haha.

HOWEVER...I do enjoy it when people forget to lock their drama llamas up and have massive rows and stuff over it. I have been known to follow a few posts just so I can hav a good nose at arguments! I also have a couple of people I can't delete because their overshares amuse me too much!

Dunno where I would be without it teehee

I love reading facebook drama! I rarely get involved but its great fun to read!!

I am so bad on FB. I rarely post status' etc. I'm that annoying person who only posts photos:haha:

But I spend the day 'cruising' it. And I find it impossible to delete those who have a daily dose of drama. The other day, a girl I went to school with posted a huge great rant about her ex boyfriend who had cheated on her. I've we written shorter essays. But his family started defending him and one of the comments was(and I quote);

"ur 1 2 talk nicole. if he isnae gettin it at home he needs it from sumwer. nd who wud want to shag u anywiy after u shat ursel so badly wen u had dj. hahahah dinny start geein him jip coz u werny givin him wat all men need"

"You are one to talk, Nicole. If he isn't getting it at home he needs it from somewhere. And who would want to have sex with you after you pooed yourself so badly when you gave birth to your son. Don't start giving him jip (to annoy someone, I think) just because you weren't giving him what all men need'

I think I lost some brain cells trying to decipher it.

I have to admit I don't air my laundry on FB but do love reading other peoples. It's better than Jezza Kyle!

I admit when i was 17, i was one of those "Oh todays sooo shit" then "can't talk about it" when people asked :blush:
Now i used it socially, photos and funny stories about the kids, opinions on tv shows etc. Nothing too heavy.
I do LOVE the drama some of my "friends" post though, its so funny!

I do have a few people on my FB that I keep on solely for the "train wreck" factor. :blush:

:haha: No, these guys are like OTT crazy, massive statuses fighting with their family, who retaliate and come back saying really crappy stuff. Its all people I know IRL too. :haha:

I see those and its all "pass the popcorn!!!" :rofl:

:haha: No, these guys are like OTT crazy, massive statuses fighting with their family, who retaliate and come back saying really crappy stuff. Its all people I know IRL too. :haha:

I see those and its all "pass the popcorn!!!" :rofl:

I have these people :haha:

I sort of love it too but I had one girl that had that taking up every other status on my news feed for like two weeks and I got fed up, her daughter was on there and it was all about FOB. Hate him but dont do it so blatant in front of the kid (she was 11).

The worst stuff on my fb comes from immediate family and I just bite my lip and ignore it. They're all super conservative Christian anti-gay, anti-muslim, anti-anything but caucasian, republicans. Constantly posting drivel from others just like them. My brother has recently become very militantly vocal about taxes (of which he pays none), the government "taking our land" (of which he owns none), and the democrats ruining the job market (of which he is not a part of and maybe half-heartedly tried to get a job as a bartender and a card dealer a couple times?). He dares to go on talking about how women shouldn't be allowed to be on WIC if they don't work and about how people receive handouts and really all I want to do is comment about how he shouldn't care because he never leaves our parents' computer/guest room and maybe his ex wouldn't have to be on WIC if he didn't dodge child support for his kids and took some responsibility for them and she shouldn't have had to depend on DH and I to take care of them while she voluntarily went through rehab to be a better mom for them and maybe ask how much money my struggling (tbf, because of their own stupidity, but struggling nonetheless) parents pay each week to keep him in food, alcohol, and cigarettes.

My GOD I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER AFTER THAT. :haha:

The worst stuff on my fb comes from immediate family and I just bite my lip and ignore it. They're all super conservative Christian anti-gay, anti-muslim, anti-anything but caucasian, republicans. Constantly posting drivel from others just like them. My brother has recently become very militantly vocal about taxes (of which he pays none), the government "taking our land" (of which he owns none), and the democrats ruining the job market (of which he is not a part of and maybe half-heartedly tried to get a job as a bartender and a card dealer a couple times?). He dares to go on talking about how women shouldn't be allowed to be on WIC if they don't work and about how people receive handouts and really all I want to do is comment about how he shouldn't care because he never leaves our parents' computer/guest room and maybe his ex wouldn't have to be on WIC if he didn't dodge child support for his kids and took some responsibility for them and she shouldn't have had to depend on DH and I to take care of them while she voluntarily went through rehab to be a better mom for them and maybe ask how much money my struggling (tbf, because of their own stupidity, but struggling nonetheless) parents pay each week to keep him in food, alcohol, and cigarettes.

You know what hun I'd just say it. Maybe not in public but perhaps a letter or email? He needs to hear it, and from close family it's totally fine to be so honest when it's clearly necessary.

Its hard at times though especially if its family. There are times where I want to say so much but just don't because the drama that would ensue would be something fierce. :dohh:

Dirty laundry on Facebook is a huge pet peeve of mine. I think it's really petty.

The worst are the ones that drop a huge but elusive bomb and then act like they don't want to talk about it. A girl I went to high school with posted something like "Nothing says Happy Valentines Day like contacting a divorce lawyer...." and then when people asked what happened, if she was okay, etc. she didn't want to discuss it publicly. Give me a f'ing break. That kind of Facebook offence is an instant deletion to me!

I also hate the passive aggressive posts that are clearly meant to be slamming someone they have on their friends list but without being obvious as to who it is. Incredibly immature.

Whenever I update my status and am trying to decide whether it's TMI or something I really want to share with 300 people, I think "Is this something I would say to every single one of these people if I were with them in person?" And if it's a 'no' then I don't post it.

Yeah those types bug me too, Staralfur!

My biggest peeve is the FB status that started this thread, about my friend just trying to remember a friend of hers who had died on that day a few years ago and it turned into this HUGE "thing". :wacko:

FB is weird though. I've posted things that I really did just suck up and figure it'd start an argument, no one acknowledged it. I've shared things that I thought wouldn't start anything and it becomes World War 3. :wacko:

Bottom line? I'll never understand FB. :rofl:

You know what hun I'd just say it. Maybe not in public but perhaps a letter or email? He needs to hear it, and from close family it's totally fine to be so honest when it's clearly necessary.

I know he needs to hear it. He's already heard from me about failing in his fatherly responsibilities and that ended up with him in a pity-seeking pretend-suicide mission that he used to swindle money out of our grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I've gotten to know his ex much better as I've gotten older (I was only 11 when they started their thing and she was a stripper, so I wasn't allowed much contact with her while they were dating) and tbh I think she's in a much better emotional (and drug-free) place without the contact I know he'd demand if he were providing a financial contribution to the kids. It sucks, but it could suck a lot worse.

Also, I just realized I aired my dirty laundry on the "airing dirty laundry" thread. lol. Sorry. Felt good anyway. I guess that's why people do it on facebook. It's a bit freeing.
ETA: I will also carry "rinsed mince" with me to my deathbed. It's going to be my new insult when I don't like something.

The ones I don't get & find slightly annoying are the couples that have full blown conversations on FB when you know they are sat in the same room like "I love you" "I love you more" "I love you the most..." blah blah....wouldnt it be quicker just to tell them?

Oh & the ones that 'like' their own posts...why???? you posted it, I presume you like it!

What a fucking cow!! Ew and such a weird way to talk about your son :shock:

My MIL talks about her middle son like this! Not my OH but his 42 year old brother. She tells people he molested his step daughters because their mother wouldn't fuck him enough. It's disgusting.

As for Facebook, I dont really use it much, but one time I accidentally posted a rant on my wall at my OH which was meant to be a private message. It was when Sophie was very new, I was struggling with her at 3am etc etc, I told him to "get the hell in here and help me sort out your damn daughter!". Everyone went nuts, it started world war 3, and my mum kept saying she was crying, urrggh. I wasn't angry at Sophie, I was angry at my OH for sleeping elsewhere, he wasn't working at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->