Dirty Nappies

RachA

Reaction score
Esther did really well, in the end, at getting rid of the nappies during the day. It took all summer but by the time she started school she was clean and dry during the day except for naps.
I'm in no rush to get her out of the nappies at night because she wakes up every morning wet so I don't think she's ready at the moment.
However two things really frustrate me. Every time age goes swimming she poos in the swim nappy (she has lessons once a week) and nearly every night we put her to bed and she poos before she falls to sleep so I have to disturb her sleep to change her.
I don't know if I should be just leaving it or what.
She sits on the loo before swimming and bed and will do a wee but no poo.
Part of me thinks she does it out of habit but I don't know how to break the cycle. I can't send her in the pool with no swim nappy because if she does poo they'll have to close the pool for 24hours!

Any ideas?

Eta: posted her because of her development issues

Maybe tackle the one before she goes to bed first. You know she will go with out fail nearly every night. Give her something to do whilst in the toilet. My son is such an old man and use to take his books every time he was in the toilet to toilet train him, he was 5 at the time. Has she ever done a poo in the toilet? She might have anxiety issues over this and reading poo goes to pooland might help

Thanks :) Will try to keep her amused on the loo and see what happens.

She doesn't have an issue with using the loo during the day. She does a poo most days on it.

Stupid question, is it the swim nappy or the actual pool that instigates the pooing? If she's wearing a nappy in the pool and doing it, and then wearing one at night and doing it then too; it does strike me as habit. Would something like a reward chart work for her in this instance? Otherwise, it could be the relaxing of her muscles making her do it without knowing?! The warm water will do that to her in the pool, as will dropping off to sleep.
X

I'm guessing that it's wearing the nappy that does it. I'm not brave enough to try her without the nappy in the pool though just in case it's being in the water lol.
It's so hard because due to her development issues I just don't think she'd understand a reward chart :/

If it's her muscles relaxing and her doing it without knowing then I'm guessing I just have to wait until her muscles develop more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->