Discharge meeting!!

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
We met with Olivias consultant today for an informal chat and she was looking through Olivias notes and said ''well its about time we get her home''!!! She has booked a discharge planning meeting for monday at 10 and said we should have her home the week after!! Shes still not on all bottles but i assume she thinks she will be by next week?Im sooo happy :) xxxxx

Awww that is great news hun. Hope the meeting goes well and Olivia is on bottles by then xx

That's fantastic news.

I was over-the-moon when they started organising Andrew's discharge planning meeting, even though he was still on lowflow oxygen and taking some tubefeeds - it meant that he'd definitely be coming home around his due date (as the meeting was ON his due date). Then in the week running up to the meeting, he weaned himself off the oxygen, so half of the purpose of the meeting was gone!

It was a useful meeting as I got to meet the head of the Midwife Outreach team, and my HV attended which means she has a really good handle on Andrew's health issues and development so far.

I didnt even have a discharge meeting :-/ I just went in and Mark said the consultant had been round before he got there and the nurse told him that they had decided the twins could go home. without a meeting or anything they just discussed it quickly by their cots x

^^ same here, it happened all of a sudden!

How exciting for you something to look forward to! I was speaking to a nurse last night and she said sometimes it can be really short notice when the babies come home literally they are phoning you and telling you to bring the car seat on your next visit! How amazing would that be! :)

xx

Excellent! So, coming home on an NGT? We did that for Joseph and he was only on it for a week (during which time, however, we changed the tube about 9 times as he loved to pull it out!)

Best of luck to you!!!:thumbup:

How exciting for you something to look forward to! I was speaking to a nurse last night and she said sometimes it can be really short notice when the babies come home literally they are phoning you and telling you to bring the car seat on your next visit! How amazing would that be! :)

xx

Yeah sort of happened like that for us. Mark was already there and I was doing some shopping to finish off their room and stuff.
When I came in Mark said the nurse said the consultant has decided the twins are ready to go home and that we would have to go home and get the twins room ready that night!!
I went home and I couldnt sleep that night lol. We had to room in with them for one night and then they gave us our milks and sent us packing :)

Was very quick x

Excellent! So, coming home on an NGT? We did that for Joseph and he was only on it for a week (during which time, however, we changed the tube about 9 times as he loved to pull it out!)

Best of luck to you!!!:thumbup:

It is pretty amazing how they are all different. I was told the girls wouldnt be allowed home until bottle feeding has been properly established! I bought about 10 different types of bottles before i finally got them settled on the tommee tippee ones I orginally had! Wasted all that money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->