Discoloration in Thighs :(

Faerie09

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 5 month old baby girl named Gracie. She was diagnosed with Group B Strep Meningitis in late September of this year... she is now healthy and well, but she's having to take seizure medicine (Keppra and Phenobarbital) twice a day... she's been having discoloration that's bluish-yellowish looking on her inner thighs and it comes and goes. Sometimes it gets darker and then it gets lighter... then it goes away. I don't know if it's due to her medicine.. I tried seeing her pediatrician, but they told me they couldn't see her due to the type of medical card she has.. I just need some advice cause I have no idea what to do and it's driving me crazy... she also has this white bump that's quite small with a very bright red sorta of ring around it... it looks like a blotchy ring. Please help someone..:cry: :cry:

Nevermind.... she'll be seeing a doctor the 21st of this month.... thanks for the "help" anyways...

Sorry Hun I never saw your thread, hope you're ok.

I not sure what could be causing the bruising, maybe the medication like you say? Could you not see your Health Visitor or GP / Doctor before the 21st? We have a weekly health clinic here which we can take our babies to it's run by HV & they weigh them & we can discuss any concerns we have, do you have anything like this you could attend?

Sorry I couldn't be more help, hope your little one is ok, I have a 5 month old little girl also :)

xx

I would take her to the ER, tbh. The white bump with the ring around it would concern me for sure. If nothing else, take pictures of it to show to the doc on the 21st just in case it doesn't look the same by then. But, really, take her to the ER. They can't refuse to see her based on her insurance (or lack of).

not sure...hope you get it sorted. Let us know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->