• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

discrimination in the workplace

vejables

Reaction score
hello ladies,

feel like i am being discriminated against at work because i'm pregnant. anyone else had this problem? and where did you go to get help?

Vejables:

Discrimination in the US workplace is illegal - you should contact your human resources department or a supervisor you feel comfortable with. I am in HR :)

No problems like this for me as I work in my partener's company(not for long tho as i'll be a stay at home mom) :baby:

But if you have this problem, I do suggest you contact someone.

I am also having problems with my boss and my pregnancy. She is very antipregnancy in the work place so when ever some one gets pregnant she creates as much problems as possible!! I have finally had to go to my workers association president and am now in the process of straightening things out.... hopefully... or at least for now until she thinks of something else to do to stress me out!

I definitly recommend going to your Union, Workers Association or the human resources department. Do not let them away with it!

we dont have a human resources department!!! i work for a small company and there is only one boss, and hes the one doing it!!! seems like he is trying to make me quit by being a complete ass to me whenever possible. but how could i possibly prove that one?

Hun...I would call your local State Agency that handles Labor Issues.
https://www.dhr.state.ny.us/pdf/NYS%20Human%20Rights%20poster.pdf
This is the Labor Law for your state reguarding Discrimination. There is a list of Phone numbers. Also, The company you work for is required by law to post posters in the work place with informaiton of who you can call for your Rights. PM me if you need more informaiton. Part of my job is Human Resources. Im familular with alot But mostly For California however, it shouldnt be too different from state to state and most are Federal Laws.....

:hugs:

we dont have a human resources department!!! i work for a small company and there is only one boss, and hes the one doing it!!! seems like he is trying to make me quit by being a complete ass to me whenever possible. but how could i possibly prove that one?
:hugs:

Hang on in there hun - hard though.

Vejables, can you give more detail like a few examples? Maybe then we could think of some specific actions for you to take or even replies which may show your boss that you are not going to stand for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->