Discussion with 7 year old "why we wash our bodies"

Personally, its not something I would teach my daughter, or my son, for that matter. That their privates are dirty and smell. Even *if* they did. Also, they boy you are talking about that 'smells like poo'....maybe he has a colostomy bag, or perhaps crones disease, or another disease, but you have made it perfectly acceptable to your child that people who are different, don't play with them. Honestly, I am having a difficult time seeing the 'cute' factor in any of this. I find it very sad.

I have to agree with the part about the boy smelling like poo. I have a son who has a missing chromosome which causes him to have lots of problems which include bowel problems, he literally leaks constantly & can not control it at all so it breaks my heart to think of any parent/child talking about my son this way tbh no matter what the reasoning :( xx

Camlet - you make a completely valid point.

I think several others here though have become far too obsessed with a single phrase a stranger said to their child in jest. You weren't there. You don't know the OP. You aren't in and around their family to be able to judge whether she's a terrible mother for saying what she did or not. Not everyone is going to believe the same things you do or raise their children the same way you do.

Saying you're not a fan, peachy, but how this turned into a three page lecture/attack on female anatomy, parenting style and douching I haven't a clue.

Most if not all of us here have a vagina. Most if not all of us here know exactly how it works and why. Rest assured, we get it. We just don't choose to go on and on and on about what is biology 101 :dohh:

Messica, I'm beginning to feel like you're minion, because you always comment back on a post so eloquently and Im left saying "Yeah! What she said!"

Camlet, good point, thank you for reminding me to be more mindful of situations like your sons. Its easy to be judgemental and not rationalize :flower:

Messica .. haven't you replied more than anyone? You aren't a saint for having an opposite opinion. I am assuming the op posted for a reaction. .. she got it. You are contributing to the drama too... don't fool yourself

Messica .. haven't you replied more than anyone? You aren't a saint for having an opposite opinion. I am assuming the op posted for a reaction. .. she got it. You are contributing to the drama too... don't fool yourself

Ummm.....no?

I responded to the OP once. Didn't feel the need to keep beating the proverbial dead horse by continuing to say the same things over and over and over again at her (things she never even mentioned, about douching and the like....where did all that even come from????) :shrug:

I don't at all think the OP was trolling for an attack. The way I read it she was looking for a giggle because she thought it was a silly exchange between her child. Notice how when a choice few went off the deep end about things unrelated she tried to defend herself and then left the conversation? That's not someone who was simply looking for a reaction.

Honestly this thread is pretty tame. I've seen much worse.

That comment about the 'boy who smells like poo' upsets me immensely.

Why would you bring that up? You've just justified everything your child thinks about him. Yes, he may smell of faeces (medical term, you use them?), however as a medical family surely you are teaching your child about the potential cause of this rather than justifying her not playing with him because of his smell?

My poor nephew is 6YO and has awful Crohn's. He suffers awfully for it and when going through a bad patch does have bowel incontinence. The thought of an adult justifying it as a reason to be excluded breaks my heart.

As for a vagina, it doesn't get 'dirty, it self cleans, unless of course there is a yeast infection etc? It's an unclean Vulva and surrounding which smells. Not that I'd ever call DD one for not washing.

Seriously people. Relax. I cannot believe how bent out of shape everyone has become. Why not save all this venom for people placing children in danger.

...Because we all tell our kids to wash their keratinized filamentous epidermal growths when they shower too.
LMAO!!

Not that I'd ever call DD one for not washing.

I'm sure the OP would agree, because she never called her daughter such a thing either :thumbup:

Her first post said told her she'd smell like a dirty vagina.

Correct.

***Like a......**** is the key to all of this.

Telling my kids that if they don't wash their pits they'll smell like stinky pits clearly isn't the same as CALLING *THEM* smelly arm pits. Or saying if they don't wash their ears they'll grow nasty potatoes inside them is not CALLING *THEM* a nasty potato.

Having smelly feet does not equate to BEING smelly feet. And thankfully most kids are smart enough to sort out there's a difference between having and being. If they aren't, they're seriously going to struggle in school because this is nothing compared to what they'll hear on the bus, playground and in the classroom :wacko:

I'm raising mine with thicker skin because the world isn't going to treat them like glass, especially when it comes to verbal exchanges. Reading intent and hearing peoples ACTUAL words I think will serve them far better than a bunch of butt hurt assumptions.

Not that I'd ever call DD one for not washing.

I'm sure the OP would agree, because she never called her daughter such a thing either :thumbup:

Her first post said told her she'd smell like a dirty vagina.

Correct.

***Like a......**** is the key to all of this.

Telling my kids that if they don't wash their pits they'll smell like stinky pits clearly isn't the same as CALLING *THEM* smelly arm pits. Or saying if they don't wash their ears they'll grow nasty potatoes inside them is not CALLING *THEM* a nasty potato.

Having smelly feet does not equate to BEING smelly feet. And thankfully most kids are smart enough to sort out there's a difference between having and being. If they aren't, they're seriously going to struggle in school because this is nothing compared to what they'll hear on the bus, playground and in the classroom :wacko:

I'm raising mine with thicker skin because the world isn't going to treat them like glass, especially when it comes to verbal exchanges. Reading intent and hearing peoples ACTUAL words I think will serve them far better than a bunch of butt hurt assumptions.

Good for you. I'm raising mine differently :thumbup:

@ Messica:

Good effing God...get over it already. We get it! You agree with the OP and you will have no problem telling your daughter that her vagina will smell too. We REALLY dont care!

@ Messica:

Good effing God...get over it already. We get it! You agree with the OP and you will have no problem telling your daughter that her vagina will smell too. We REALLY dont care!

Just add me to your ignore list. I will do the same. You obviously have a problem with me as you've made that quite clear several times before. If you hate me that much, stop following me around.

And you're right. A vagina isn't a sacred word in my house only to be spoken of in a godly light. I will tell (and have) told my daughter that if she fails to properly care for any part of her body there will be natural consequences for that.

("Good effing God" would be considered far more offensive in our home than referencing the potential smell of an unkempt body part.)

We're blunt, we have to be, but we also teach our daughter about respect for others. Reinforcing the singling out of a child who smells of poo (or anything else) is not something we would do. No matter what the reason be it medical or down to the lack of hygiene it isn't the boys fault. Sure it surprises me someone would talk about their child smelling like a dirty vagina, but that's not what bothers me about the conversation. I'm more concerned that talking like that about another child is really disrespectful.

we have to raise Abby to have a thick skin, but we are also raising her not to sink to the level of others who speak badly of her.

1. The vagina is a self-cleaning organ. Its own lubrication ensures that it stays clean and healthy, with little outside assistance. The addition of a douche can actually imbalance the natural ph of the system so much that irritation and odor can may result. And while we’re at it, you don’t need to use soap inside your labia at all—washing the outer labia with a gentle soap and letting running water and a gentle cloth take care of the inside bits will keep them sweet and peachy, without the irritation and skin damage that soaps can cause.

https://www.divinecaroline.com/self/wellness/seven-things-you-probably-didn’t-know-about-vagina

So...for those who think you smell....down there...perhaps because you are washing it. The more you wash, the more you smell. I never have odour. I shower daily, bath most nights too.....never wash my labia/vagina...never my girls either. Just a swish of water.

Sorry to say sweetie not everyone's vaginalmarea is as perfect as yours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->