Disgusted by today's terrorist incident in London!!!

Scottish mum

Reaction score
I'm so sad and shocked by today's violent attack on a male in London today.

Makes me so bloody angry that there are people out there who are so sick in the mind that they could target a random indavidual like this!!!

Police have confirmed they suspect its a terrorist attack!

I hope the two responsible get there comeuppance and I'm not talking a comfy jail cell!!!

So sick of Britain and other countries paying the price for the narrow minded people who are sick!! Bring in the death sentence once and for all!!!

I dont agree with the death sentence in general, but its just awful :nope: really sad for that poor man and his family. Not comfortable with some of the status' Im seeing on fb though, lots of racism and stereotyping going on x

First, sending my thoughts to all of you in London.

I don't know much about the death penalty in the UK, but in the US it actually costs *more* to execute someone than to keep them in prison for life.

I'm against the death penalty for pretty much all western countries. The only places I feel it should be legal are nations or tribes in which there aren't resources to keep a dangerous person imprisoned. Obviously for the good of the community, I would support it in that specific circumstance.

It may sound trite, but at my core I just don't believe that it's any persons right to take a life. That judgement should be reserved for God/nature/fate/whatever you believe alone.

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

Absolutely disgusting.

I'd have no problem with the death penatly for cold blooder murders like this who scream that it was the right thing to do.

To quote that awful bas***d in the video on the link - "an eye for an eye".....well I bloody hope so for you my friend in jail. And I hope it f**king hurts.

I dont agree with the death sentence in general, but its just awful :nope: really sad for that poor man and his family. Not comfortable with some of the status' Im seeing on fb though, lots of racism and stereotyping going on x

Same. It is an equal tragedy to what has happened that people cannot separate hearing of an evil act where the perpetrator may or may not have been anything other than a white British Christian/atheist and their racial/religion based hatred, which in the end often causes even more hurt than the original event.

It's awful what has happened.

This is true!!! An eye for an eye doesn't make it better either! I'm thinking anyway that life in prison is not going to be that great for them.

A few beatings by inmates is what I'm thinking they may endure!

I'm just so sad thinking about the poor victim his family and the passers by who witnessed the whole thing!! Fuckers!!

I honestly think this could trigger another riot and for the sake of society I hope not!!

I realise that this may not be much of a debate more a rant about today's state of affairs.

When is this going to stop!!

I just don't see how the death penalty helps anyone. The deed is done. So now we kill another person? Why not just imprison him? It's not like he's going to hang out and enjoy life in prison. I know death penalty advocates generally like to claim that prison is comfy, but quite frankly it's not true. My mom is a pscyhologist and worked with criminals in a prison in the US and by her account it was far from "nice".

To be honest I'm really not that fussed how they have to pay! As they will get hammerd in jail anyway.

The type of people tho that carry out these terrorist attacks are too far gone for any kind of counciling/support offered by prisons.

The men may have another chance at life but there poor victim won't not to mention his family!

I also do not agree with how the British media have reported it. The news was far too graphic and we should not be giving terrorist a stage to stand on!

I'm all for the death penalty. I don't see why these people should go to "prison" to be fed three times a day, get a warm bed and a roof over their head...all at the taxpayers expense of course!

An absolute tragedy. My thought are with the victims family and friends.

I'm all for the death penalty. I don't see why these people should go to "prison" to be fed three times a day, get a warm bed and a roof over their head...all at the taxpayers expense of course!

An absolute tragedy. My thought are with the victims family and friends.

Capital punishment costs more than life imprisonment.

It is an awful tragedy, but i'm so sick of seeing so many racist comments plastered around facebook/the internet. People need to learn to separate an individual from entire race/religion.

I agree the news coverage was far too graphic. It took me ages to get to sleep last night, I kept thinking about it.

I agree that it looks like individual loons, not one group and they happen in any group unfortunately. The death penalty is always wrong but in this case would play into the hands of the murderers. They want to die, to be martrys; they waited for armed police to arrive then pointed a gun at them. They wanted to be shot. We shouldn't give them that priviledge.
I'm strongly against our involvement in Iraq/Afghanistan but incidents like this will make it worse for the people there, not better.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Gandhi.

RIP to the man killed and thoughts to his family.

Yes it's awful. I think after having time to calm down lol I totally agree put them in prison and let there inmates get to them.

Racism is also discusting!!!

You have to know a terrorist can be any person not a particular religion/race!!

Unfortunatley there are people out there who don't think like that!

I also do not agree with how the British media have reported it. The news was far too graphic and we should not be giving terrorist a stage to stand on!
I completely agree with this point. What on earth were they thinking giving this man a platform? This is exactly the kind of thing nutters like this want.

As for the death penalty - I disagree. Killing someone for killing someone makes the state just as bad as the criminals it condemns. These two animals will be in jail for the rest of their lives and be treated accordingly by their fellow inmates, some of whom my also be ex-soldiers.

I too am tired of seeing entire religions tarred with the same brush as a few radical individuals. :nope:

Comparing all Muslims to a few extremists is like saying all Christians are like the Westboro Baptist church. Its very disheartening, and I don't see how people can't see the difference.

A few posters have said that capital punishment cost more than life imprisonment. I'm shocked by that. How can that be possible? Any details on that statistic? I'm genuinely interested.

I struggle with how I feel about the death penalty. I don't think anyone has a right to take a life. However, I don't like our justice system over here that gives these sick criminals chance after chance, which half the time result in more victims. Also I don't think our prisons need to be quite so comfortable...

Feel just awful about that poor solider in London. His poor family. I can't even imagine.

A few posters have said that capital punishment cost more than life imprisonment. I'm shocked by that. How can that be possible? Any details on that statistic? I'm genuinely interested.

I struggle with how I feel about the death penalty. I don't think anyone has a right to take a life. However, I don't like our justice system over here that gives these sick criminals chance after chance, which half the time result in more victims. Also I don't think our prisons need to be quite so comfortable...

Feel just awful about that poor solider in London. His poor family. I can't even imagine.

I'm assuming (although I don't know I was surprised too) that because there is a lengthy appeal process, I think they're entitled to so many in certain states from the documentaries I've seen, that this alone probably costs the legal system A LOT of money and on top of that they are usually still in prison 20+ years. There will be a lot of arse covering (rightly so it's not like a miscarriage of justice is unheard of) so it's not like they could convict one day and execute the next, I imagine if they could that would be cheaper? Just guessing though!

It's hard to find a non-bias source on this, but here's a pretty straightfoward article from NBC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/execute-or-not-question-cost/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->