Disrupted sleep. Raise or lower BBT?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just curious as to what other women experience as I have read lots of conflicting stories on good old Dr Google. So I was expecting a temp hike this morning to confirm ovulation yesterday, but my beautiful little girl kept me up all night screaming, which meant I only had a few hours sleep in one-hour bursts. I took my temperature at 3am after one of the bursts and got a temperature of 36.38c and then I took it again at 6:30am after another burst and got 36.21c instead.

Now I have read women having two takes on this; some seem to have higher BBT after disrupted sleep and others seem to have lower BBT. Some say it varies and that in the pre-ovulation part of their cycle their BBT is higher with disrupted sleep whereas in their post-ovulation part of their cycle it's lowered by disrupted sleep.

I know I'll find out in the next few days if my temps keep climbing, but I am so impatient and annoyed with my body right now, so I'm just wondering.

What do you experience? Also, you'd think I'd know my own patterns after charting for at least 14 cycles now (between TTC this time and last time)!!! But I don't :haha:

Also looking at the cycle we conceived our daughter my chart made an almost identical jump the day after Ovulation, so I shouldn't stress, I was just hoping for a nice big jump and didn't get it, so I'm feeling stressed. This is not a fun cycle for me. After having a chemical last cycle I am feeling a little too desperate this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->