Disrupted sleep, two very different temps!

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just curious if anyone has any advice for me. I think (hope) I ovulated two days ago. I had a positive OPK and a ferning pattern in my saliva. I also had the expected CM and lots of it (tmi). Then yesterday my breasts started aching a little as is usual for me post-o. I was expecting my temp to go up this morning, because it did yesterday.

My son woke me up at 4am (I went to bed around 11pm) by crying, before settling himself back to sleep. I temped, because I didn't know if I would get back to sleep and my temp had gone up to 36.33, which would be consistent with post-o temp rise. However, I went back to sleep and woke again at 6:15 and temped again - this time the temp had plumeted to 36.02 (my O-dip temperature). My question is, which temp do I trust? Is it normal for lack of sleep to make your temperature dip lower? I heard somewhere that after ovulation it can make it lower and before ovulation can make your temperature higher, but does anyone know for sure?

I'm a bit worried, because I have quite irregular ovulation and sometimes it looks like my body is trying to ovulate (temp dip, then spike, then back to low temps again - never with a positive OPK though) and then doesn't. I worry my hormones aren't right :( Also, today I don't have the breast soreness I had yesterday...as if yesterday I had some progesterone, but now today....

I know I'll find out for sure tomorrow, but I'm dwelling on it tonight. Any experience with this sort of thing?

I put the higher temp into FF, as even though it was earlier, it was after 5 hours sleep rather than 2. If my temp is really low again tomorrow then I'll change today's to the lower one.

Thanks ladies!!! :hugs:

xx

Trust the first temp. Just use a bbt adjuster (google) to adjust the first temp to when you would have normally temped i.e 6am x

Thanks! Have you ever heard of this happening before?

x

Yeah you're body shifted too much which changed blood flow hence higher temp xx

Sorry if this is me being thick, but wouldn't that make my second temp higher than my first? It was quite a bit lower at 6:15am than it was at 4:00am. That's why I'm so confused! After 5 hours sleep it was 36.33c at 4am, then at 6:15 after two hours sleep it was 36.02c. A big jump down in only two hours.

x

I would go with the first temp. Uninterrupted and long periods of sleep make a more accurate reading than only 2 hours uninterrupted. I temp anywhere from 3 am to 6 am since I am a horrible sleeper and sometimes wake and am unable to get back to sleep for an hour. So basically I just take my temp on my first wake up after 3 am every morning and use that one. If you look at my chart from last month you'll see that even though the temps jump around a little bit, there is still a clear ovulation rise and higher temp pattern after ovulation. Always go with the more rested temp. I don't have an answer as to why it'd be lower, but who knows!

The first is more accurate because of the long period of sleep. Your temp shifted when you moved around x

Thanks ladies, I temped again this morning and it went up again to 36.42, though again, it was way earlier than my normal time - 5am instead of 6:15am, because my son is ill and is waking up ridiculously early. I got back to sleep and at 7am it was 36.61. I took a midway temp between the two, as that would be more consistent with my normal waking time. Hope it stays high tomorrow and I can definitely confirm ovulation. Getting normal post-o signs now though, so feel a bit more reassured. Thanks again for your advice.

x

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php use this site to adjust it to the correct time x

I definitely looks like you ovulated! Yay! GL in the tww!

Hi there, I agree with what Lowblow is telling you.....use the first temp and adjust it. There is no point in taking any further temperatures, as long as you've had at least four hours sleep and have adjusted it. I too went through the same thing as you with lack of sleep and also interrupted sleep. If you take more than one temp, you'll just wonder about it and perhaps be tempted to put it on ff, then it won't be accurate.
GL x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->