DIY Advent Calendar for kids??

Mum21boy1girl

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made their kids Advent calendars?
I think i might make my kids this year as the toy ones are really expensive, i have three kids and most retail around $20-$30 each!
And the chocolate ones we get here have nasty cardboard tasting chocolate in them!

I just wouldn't have a clue on how i want to make it lol

If you have made one can you please share what you did to give me some ideas?? TIA!! :)

Not quite the same but my cousin made one last year for my younger autistic cousin, it was a picture of Father Christmas and every day he had to stick a new cotton wool ball on to F.C face to make his beard, it was really cute

I did a tree last year with felt xmas hanging bits

Basically it was a branch stuck in a piece of wood to stand up and then I sewed felt decorations ideas from Google Pinterest etc

Each day they'd choose one from a bag and hang on tree

I bought a kit to make an advent calender. It has felt pockets and we put little things in each pocket: little cars, stamps, little choc coins, transfer tattoos, finger puppets. Lo really like it.

I'm making daughter's this year. I had bought her a dolls house with lots of accessories at a second hand shop and I was going to put it out from Santa, but have decided to use that as her advent. She'll get the house first, and then each accessory will be in a Christmas bag ( I got them off Amazon for $2) and then I'm going to put a sticker on each one with the number to count down and hang them by clothes pins to a long piece of twine attached to the wall. Not extremely creative but she's only 2. It'll be kink of like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442971313320048302/
You can find tons of ideas on Pinterest.

we do a book advent so buy lots of cheap christmas/winter themed books and wrap them with a number on the front. Each day he gets a new book. he loves it, we use the books again the next year with a few new ones - we only use them during advent so he forgets about them by next year lol

We just use them as decoration as we were only given 2 and have 4 boys but we have theses big felt ones that hang on the wall and have little snowmen and santa sacks glued on with numbers and you can fill them up

Iv seen some ideas on pintrest. One uses loo roll tubes and is in the shape of a house. Think I'm going to make that one for oh and fill it with reeses.

Not quite the same but hobbycraft do some nice wooden ones which you paint yourself and can use year after year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->