Dizzines

justonemore31

Reaction score
Is anyone else dealing w severe dizziness? It started a week ago, went away for a few days and now it's back and really bad. I'm taking levothyroxine for thyroid but idk if that's gotta do w it since I've been on it since July. I'm just so dizzy. I feel like I'm on a Ferris wheel.

It could be low blood pressure That made me dizzy too :(

I haven't experienced it but it's pretty common. It's just hormones causing physical changes that cause a drop in blood pressure. Drinking plenty water, getting the recommended salt intake and taking your time when standing will help. It should ease when hormones settle. Hope you get some relief soon x

That happens to me off and on. More so now that I'm further along. I find eating more and upping my water intake does help.

A friend of mine was so dizzy she had to go off work and her DH had to check on her multiple times a day because she would stumble around and fall. She also had bad nausea though, so that didn't help matters...

Is anyone else dealing w severe dizziness? It started a week ago, went away for a few days and now it's back and really bad. I'm taking levothyroxine for thyroid but idk if that's gotta do w it since I've been on it since July. I'm just so dizzy. I feel like I'm on a Ferris wheel.
Hi,
There are two main reasons why pregnant women experience dizziness in pregnancy. One, is the increase blood volume and increase demands on your body by having a baby growing may cause anemia, which its primary symptom is dizziness.
the second reason could be a drop in blood pressure, which is normal in pregnancy. If you already had low blood pressure before getting pregnant, chances are your blood pressure dropped even lower. This may cause quite severe dizziness especially if you are a little slim.
It would be more severe if you have both low blood pressure and anemia.
Advice: If you haven't started, start taking ferrous sulphate as supplement; eat more frequently and don't stay long hours without a meal or snack; plenty of fluids. I found lemon juice or lemonade to be quite helpful.
Hope this advice helps

Hey thanks to everyone for their responses.
I'm 186lbs and 5'5" so def not slim. I used to have high BP but once I started taking levothyroxine for my underactive thyroid my BP dropped to a normal number. I have a history of anemia tho so that's a huge possibility. The dizziness is so severe i don't wanna lift my head off my pillow. Ive been eating and snacking in between. I've been having a hard time drinking full glasses of whatever is in it tho. Maybe I should try and get some water in me.

If you are struggling with drinking water then try squash. If that's still difficult then try ice poles/ fruit juice lollies. As long as they are a high water content then they can help. x

I've been getting dizzy too. I was certain I wasn't pregnant then work up during the night with what felt like pulled muscle spasms and sore breasts. I went to get up and pee and felt incredibly dizzy, lifting my head made it worse.That was when I did a test. The dizziness comes and goes. I have high BP so have been checking and all seems normal on that front. I just put it down to all the changes going on in my body. I've increased my water intake so I hope that helps. Let us know if you come up with anything else. x

I still get this every so often now and I'm nearly 17 weeks. I don't think there's always a cause for it. Our bodies can be very strange. My bp and iron levels have all been fine so I know it's nothing to do with that. I think it's hormones personally. I did get some medication called prochlorperazine. A dizzy tablet. Works wonders. If it's bad to the point where you can't function I'd take them lovie. Hope it passes soon for you x

Ty everyone. I do remember being dizzy in previous pregnancies but it's just annoying. I'm gonna drink more water tho bc my urine is looking dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->