Do 2nd babies come earlier and is it easier?

Milliemoo x

Reaction score
Hey, what are everyone's experiences? Would love u all to say yes it's quicker and easier hahahahahahahahaha. :haha:

haha, I hope so! following as I am also on 2nd. My first was induced x

Id love to know this too

My 3 were born at 39, 39 and 38 weeks. My 2nd labour was back to back so was longer. It was definitely 'better' though than my first because I knew what I was doing. My 3rd labour was super quick.
I wasn't told about this until afterwards, but the after pains when you have your 2nd or more baby is absolutely horrible and they last usually up to four days. If they offer you pain killers, take them! good luck to all of you :)

My first was born at 38 weeks with a 4 hour labour, second was the day before my due date and labour was 11 hours! I think I'm different to the norm though :) my second was far more enjoyable though x

First 38 2nd 40+1 so guess we will see this time

1st baby .. 39+4 with 4 hours of labor and 32 min of pushing
2nd baby .. 38+4 with 3 hrs of labor and 1 push ( had to wait 30 min on OB before I could push)
3rd baby ..37+1 with 4 1/2 hrs of labor and 1 grunt ( also had to wait for over an hr to push as OB was no where around AGAIN ) Trying to hold back from pushing is like holding back diarrhea!!!

Both of my boys came on their due date so no difference there for me. My second was only half an hour quicker but it was a much better labour - I had an episiotomy with my first but my second everything seemed very easy

Both my babies came early 36+6 and 36+4 (2nd)

The first delivery was AWFUL, PAINFUL, LONG, EXHAUSTING, and left me telling hubby,"no more babies!" Flash forward many years later and I finally got the nerve to have "one more baby" and this delivery was AMAZING!!!! It was quick, wasn't painful and over before I knew it. I'm not sure if it was because I made sure to do a lot of bike riding leading up to it to make my lower half stronger or what, but the 2nd was the EASIEST.

Being that the 2nd was easy, lead me to try for a 3rd (final) pregnancy. I'm hoping the 2nd experience repeats itself. I'm experienced in this department so I know how to make my delivery easier and what to expect, but YOU NEVER KNOW. Especially how my baby is still breeched right now and I may end up having my first c-section. Each delivery is different for every baby, just keep that in mind girlie. :flower:

First was 41+2 and a 22 hour difficult labour. Drug free and 5 mins of pushing.

Second was 39+5 very quick 2 hour labour and only 2 pushes. Drug free as well and seemed much easier the second time!

For me, definitely.

I was in early labor for weeks with dd1, dilated to 3 and 100% effaced with an engaged baby for weeks before "active" labor set in. I finally went into active labor the evening of 40+4, my water broke at 10cm, and I delievered after a 12 hour labor with an hour spent pushing.

With ds2 I had been checked the same day I had him and was at 1 cm (normal for subsequent children) and 0% effaced with a posterior cervix and a floating baby. Well at 6:30 pm my water broke, contractions were IMMEDIATE 2 minutes apart, I arived at the hospital 30 min after it broke and I was at 7cm I delivered naturally an hour later after 2 pushes at 38+6; with hardly any time for my family to be notified.
I was even up and walking around that evening it was totally unexpected givin my daughters arrival..

My first was a 50 hour back to back labour ending in episiotomy and forceps delivery. My second was 6 hours start to finish, water birth with no pain relief. I wouldn't even say I pushed my second, he just sort of came out!

I don't think they always come earlier as many people I know have carried their 2nd just as long as or longer than their first. I think babies just bake as long as they need to.

Since I'm pregnant with my 2nd, I can't attest to how fast the labor is, but I sure hope it's faster for me this time! I was in labor for 24 hours with my son.
I am also exercising regularly this time and didn't exercise with my first pregnancy, and I keep being told the labor will be a lot faster and a lot easier. It remains to be seen, of course. I keep trying to watch other people's experiences to see if I can really count on that!
It's hard to know, but everyone tells me not to wait to go to the hospital.

Not earlier but definately faster and easier! DS1 was 6 hr labour with at least an hour of pushing and DS2 was just two hours, with no pushing, he just fell out! Also I had a second degree tear with a ton of stitches for DS1 and only one or two stitches for #2. The contractions weren't as intense with #2, I could still talk through most of them.

With my first, I went into labour at 39+5, had a 12 hour back to back labour including 1 hour of pushing, he was born at 39+6.
My second was a 5 hour labour with 10 minutes of pushing, born at 40+6.
I'd love to know what will happen with number 3!

My 2nd came earlier and labour was longer and more painful but easier
1st- 6 hours start to finish, 2 hours pushing.
2nd- 9ish hours 3cm to delivery, 14 minutes of pushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->