Do all babies drop beforehand?

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
This may sound silly, but does everyone's bump/baby drop before labour/in the last stage of pregnancy? I don't remember my first daughter dropping at all apart from of course in labour, and this baby is very high up in my ribs too.
Or have I just forgotten about it, and all babies drop before labour.. like I've forgotten everything else at the moment:haha:

I don't think my daughter ever 'dropped' her head was as low as it could be for weeks but my bump stayed high. People have already started commenting that my bump is too high!! Bugger off.

Although I haven't had any babies yet, I know one of my close friends who's just had a baby didn't drop until she went into labour.
And after some extensive research when I was wondering this myself, women don't usually drop until labour with their second babies because their muscles have done it before.

Nope. My daughter didn't drop at all until I was at the hospital and about 8 cm. She waited until nearly the last moment to drop.

My dr said second babies usually don't drop until labor starts.

As already said, some don't drop until you're in labour.

Also, beware that they can unengage and go back up! My first dropped around 36 weeks and then oops, around 39 weeks he bobbed up again and didn't descend back into my pelvis as he got stuck in a posterior/transverse position. So it doesn't really matter when it happens.

My bump dropped with my first when she engaged towards the end of pregnancy. The second pregnancy I carried quite low but he didn't engage until labour was well established. The MW got me to lie down when my waters broke during labour to make sure his head was low enough already not to cause problems with the cord.

I have no experience for baby being high up until pushing starts, but I do have experience with bubs head engaged and no action lol. Her head was engaged for a month and I still went to 40 weeks + 2 :)

Come to think of it, I remember when when my waters broke(I was already in well into established labour) I had this horrific almost crunching noise and all he sudden she felt lower.. So I'm thinking she dropped when my waters went!
But I'm just wanting my ribs to have some relief, she is really pushing them to there limit:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->