Do all HPT's develop evap lines?

imstacey21

Reaction score
Does an evaporation line always appear when a pregnancy test dries???

Or would you say it is an occasional occurrence?

No I've used many that don't leave a hint of a line.

Idk, for me, every one I've used ended up having a line on them. Idk if it was just sarcasm because I wanted to see a line or what lol. But supposedly ALL HPTs can give evaps. I think some don't see it though if they don't check the test after a certain time.

I came across tests when we moved that I took years ago (no idea why I kept them) and not one had a hint of a second line.

I've also kept the tests from my :bfp: and they have gotten lighter as they dried.

I've only ever had one evap line but a few days later using the same brand is become a faint positive.

Not a clue, but then again the only time I ever repeatedly looked at tests after the time expired was when I finally got BFPs. I always threw the negative ones away immediately so I couldn't ever taunt myself with possible evap lines.

Not a clue, but then again the only time I ever repeatedly looked at tests after the time expired was when I finally got BFPs. I always threw the negative ones away immediately so I couldn't ever taunt myself with possible evap lines.

Yea, I figure nobody keeps them around long enough to notice.

I've never had an evap line and ive taken a lot lol. The only time I've ever had a hint of a line is when I've got an early bfp.

I have only used FRER tests and they have always developed evap lines for me, but only after several days have passed, I still have my positives and both lines are still there, although they are a weird brown colour now and they are a bit paler as well. I don't know anything about any other tests though.

I've mistakely once had one hiding for at least a year - no evap line

Not all tests, I would say half do if you leave them around XXX

None of my negative tests have ever developed an evap line.

I have used a bunch of dollar store tests over the years, and none of the negative ones ever got any evap lines, and I kept them for a few weeks just to compare with any positive ones I hoped to have. I have some positive ones that I have had for months, and they are still nice a positive with no other lines.

I've never had an evap. How did you get on OP?

If you have a possible evap the pregnancy test gallery girls are a great help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->