Do any of you work in a nursery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the why bird

Reaction score
I'd like to give something to the nursery staff but not sure what. My LO only goes two days a week so I don't know all the staff by name to do individual gifts and though she does have a key worker it seems to be more a formality than someone who spends more time with her than the others. So I'm thinking of some sort of little hamper to share in the staff room.

I assume nursery staff have a staff room and break times to visit it?

If you work in a nursery or similar what would you appreciate? I'm guessing they get a lot of boxes of chocolates at Christmas?

I'm thinking of a couple of jars of nice instant coffee, some coffee syrup, a herbal tea selection and some biscuits - does that sound decent? Or any better/extra ideas?

In don't work in a nursery, but I'm a teacher and we've been given similar in the past...nice biscuits is definitely a good idea, plus our had a few magazines in - now, closer, those sort of ones.

sounds like a nice hamper.. i dont work in a nursery but my LO is going to help me make snowman soups to take in :)... both my boys go to nursery so we have 2 rooms and the outdoor team to do them for so im making 40 to cover them all :shock: lol

Magazines, great idea.

Wriggley you are one patient person to make that many snowman soups! I don't think I can bring myself to do that but you have given me the idea to add some cocoa sachets and marshmallows to the hamper.

Thank you.

Magazines, great idea.

Wriggley you are one patient person to make that many snowman soups! I don't think I can bring myself to do that but you have given me the idea to add some cocoa sachets and marshmallows to the hamper.

Thank you.

tbh i dont think they will need 40 but rather they had to many then too little lol dont think my 4 year old will 'help' too much thou lol he spent all weekend making gifts and cards for people he knows on holiday so i not sure how willing he will be making these too lol

Keelan does his 15 free hours over 5 days, he has 3 people in his room so I've just bought a tin of quality street for them to share. He does have a key worker out of 3 but they're all equal in the amount of work they do with him.

I work in a nursery (first xmas at this particular one!) Nice biscuits always go down well, teas and coffees and cocoas are a nice idea, chocolate too... really im grateful for anything that people want to give us, I think its a lovely gesture :)

I work in a nursery. The hamper sounds great. It makes a welcome change from the usual chocolate given at this time of year.

Some parents usually give chocolates/shower gel (or other similar stocking filler) to the staff that work in their LO's room, and say a bigger box of chocolates for all other staff. (Of course we don't expect anything from the parents)

The little individual gifts make it more personal and it feels so thoughtful.
But if you're doing individual gifts please don't forget anyone - ask for a Christmas card list of the staff and children in your LO's room

Thanks everyone. We gave it to them today. I did a little hamper which had some Starbucks instant coffee, instant mocha sachets, gingerbread coffee syrup, a box of mixed flavour fruit and herbal teas, some salted caramel hot chocolate, chocolate coated biscotti, little individually wrapped biscoff packets and two types of savoury oat biscuits. They seemed pleased especially with the gingerbread syrup but they are all so lovely I'm sure they'd have been gracious anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"