Do any of your partners have sperm antibodies?

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
I just always wished for a post like this when I was ttc and I hope it's ok and appropriate for me to post here, please remove if not admin, but on hubby's last NHS Semen analysis he once again showed 100% antibodies and the report stated "immunological infertility is highly probable"

Just wanted to let anyone know in the same situation that we did indeed get pregnant! Don't lose hope X

Hi Elmo,

I'm sure we have come across each other before but it's still so nice to hear! I'm 14months post VR with my husband and no luck yet... Not even a glimmer... He had an SA after 7months and found out he had 100% antibodies which was a real blow! Otherwise his numbers are on the low side but good... How long did it take before you managed to fall? Did you use/ do anything special? Any special bd pattern?

Me and the OH had a huge blow up yesterday, he's feeling the pressure and rightly or wrongly I broke down yesterday when my sister announced she's 12weeks with her second! Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon for her but it stings and she knew it would... OH didn't understand why I felt a little down and said if I was so fixated on a baby maybe I needed to look elsewhere as he wants one but not to the point were he feels like I do!

I feel so sorry for him as he knows he's the problem (I've had all the checks) and although he says he isn't emotionally affected I think it's upping the pressure for him! I'm just at that point cycle #14 and wondering what I really would have done if someone had said to be at the beginning that we would be where we are now!!! It really has consumed me and beginning to damage my mind... This month we are being forced to take the month off ttc as I'm travelling with my daughter to see my sister in the US! I'm glad, I think we need it but I really just wish I could see ( however far away) where that bfp will be!

It's really good to hear that someone has had success with antibodies, tbh I'm at the point of saying enough as OH is anti any other intervention to make it happen.

Sorry that ended up as a rant... Congrats on the baby, how's the pregnancy progressing? Xxx

Pitterpatter yes we have Hun the reversal thread and also we messaged each other a few times right after my bfp! The supplement I can think that could have helped is that he had been taking vitamin D for a deficiency, other than that I would say that maybe for the first time I was just more relaxed, I had sort of come to believe that it couldn't happen and also we where saving for IVF and I think that took the pressure off. It took us 20 months to conceive so your time could be coming Hun! I really do hope so because I completely understand how you are feeling and the feelings toward your OH. It's impossible not to have at least moments of resentment. I can't wait to here about your bfp! Xx

Thank you for this post. We found out about DH's antibodies yesterday. I'm already down regging for IVF but we are going to have ICSI now. I'm so hopeful, after all this time and heartache.

You are so welcome it was exactly my intention that somebody would search antibodies and come across something positive. Good luck and keep us updated! xx

Pitterpatter how's it going Hun?xx

What a thoughtful post Elmo. Congratulations on your pregnancy. My Dh is having a reversal in 2 weeks I am that nervous and excited I can't even sleep on a night. I didn't want him to get the damn thing in the first place . He's 3.5 years post vasectomy and I have worried about the antibodies that's for sure but this definitely gives hope x xxx thank you

Your welcome Hun! We have met on the reversal thread! Try not to worry in advance you will go bonkers! (Easier said than done I know!) xx

I never thought it would be so stressful lol. 6 days to go eeeeeek xx

Thank you for posting this. I should have looked harder for the reversal thread since I'm in the same situation, I'd still like to know where to find it, please? :D My DH had his done in February, and is V was only done last year but I'm still nervous about the antibodies or if he's even producing a decent count as am I extremely frustrated at the place where they did his semenalysis. They only told him " Yes, you have sperm." but no mention of antibodies or if his count was good, it put me off considering those are important things to know. Where can we go for proper information? would that be at an IVF center?

Honestly we are on our fourth try to conceive, I'm doing my best but the worry is still there in the back of my mind.

Cuddlebugluv are you in the U.K.? If you are you can just get an SA (semen analysis) don't on the NHS. Most private clinics include a semen analysis 3 months post op anyway but like I said you can pay for one privately or go through the NHS but I THINK the NHS will only test for antibodies if there's a reason to so I believe I had to get my GP to request it for me at the hospital. His other two analysis where done private, one was included in the cost of our reversal and the other one we had with our IVF consultation (that we didn't end up needing :)

Hang in there Hun it's tough but it took us 20 months to get there, it's all worth it in the end! I'll get you the reversal wives link xx

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...riends-club-aka-vr-wags-589.html#post37439066

No, I'm located in the U.S but perhaps they do have a clinic somewhere should things get difficult. If anything the IVF center would be the best place to go should things not work out, however this is our third try so I can't allow myself to worry just yet. Thank you for supplying the thread! It will be wonderful being around others in my situation should I feel down. :flower:

So my ICSI worked and I have an 11 month old son <3

More relevantly, we just started our next fresh cycle and discovered I’m pregnant. Naturally!!! Recent tests showed my husband’s antibodies are now at 90% but we conceived without any help at all.
It can happen. Do not give up hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->