Do babys dream!!

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
hello everyone,

This might sound like a really silly question but do babys dreams and do they have nightmeres??

i ask this because last night jack went to bed at 10 and at 10.45 he woke up screaming like i had never heard him b4 he didnt start crying and get louder he just woke up screaming really loud i was really worried so i ran up there and tryed patting him back to sleep but he was screaming so much so i bought him down staires and told oh to make him a couple of oz for him but after me rocking him for about 1min he was back to sleep and back to bed, oh seems to think he might have had a bad dream but i didnt know baby could dreams,

Yes! They dream more than adults do. Their little brains are filtering everything they saw and learned through the day.Thats why it is common for some babies who are overstimulted to have trouble sleeping due to nightmares or night terrors.

interesting! I always have a hard time imagining what a baby dreams about... I usually try and have a nice fun/relaxing time about an hour before bed so she goes to be happy.

Yeah they do dream loads. You can tell because of their eye movements. I can tell when Byron is dreaming about feeding, his little jaw working away! :rofl:

Lexie does. She sometimes pulls a frown face and does a little cry type thing. Or she'll wimper lol. It's cute. I wonder what they dream of!?

Anna has nightmares :( She's always crying / wimpering in her sleep - sometimes I have to wake her up because she gets too upset when she is asleep :( I wonder what could she possibly be having such bad dreams about? :(

I asked my mum this the other day.
i hear Hallie crying and whimpering throughout the night and go in to get her, only to find her fast asleep, I try putting my hand in and rocking her and tucking her in more but sometime the only way is the pick her up so I wake her then put her back down!

i dont have a baby of my own, but i was talking to my friend the other day and my "neice" Bella, who is two months shy of turning 3, ran into her room one night about 2 hours after Phoebe put her to bed and she was touching her eyes saying "Mommy!! Mommy!! Eyes!! PICTURES!!" she was so excited!! but she cant put together full sentances yet so Phoebe didnt know what Bella was dreaming about. Thought it was neat though and wanted to share. :)

Yes! They dream more than adults do. Their little brains are filtering everything they saw and learned through the day.Thats why it is common for some babies who are overstimulted to have trouble sleeping due to nightmares or night terrors.

my baby is very energetic and he doesn't nap much during the day, and at night always wakes up crying:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->