Do Braxton Hicks make you have to pee?

mammag

Expecting a Rainbow
Reaction score
Or does having a full bladder cause braxton hicks? I'm starting to notice that whenever braxton hicks start for me, I immediately have to pee really urgently. And I don't know which is coming first, the chicken or the egg, lol.

I've noticed if I hold it too long then I get Braxton hicks which seem to come stronger (briefly) after I pee.

I'm not sure! But sometimes I mistake the baby shifting for a contraction because it makes my belly tight and in that case...I could see where it might make you pee if the baby presses against your bladder.

A couple of weeks ago I had a few hours of consistent contractions coming every 5 minutes and I swear I was peeing after every one.. It was quiet annoying. Being uncomfortable and in pain from contractions but then having to get up and make it to the bathroom after each one was not fun lol then the hospital tells me to drink even more water than I already had been lol

This is what i found.

How can I ease the discomfort?
While not as painful as true labour, Braxton Hicks can still be unpleasant. Common triggers include being active, someone touching your bump, having a full bladder, being dehydrated or following sex.
So don't get overly fruity when you need a wee and are gasping for a cuppa. Seriously though, changing what you're doing can often help, so if you're lying down get up, or, conversely, if you're walking around stop and put your feet up.
Practising your breathing exercises, a warm (not too hot) bath, or, as dehydration is a trigger, drinking a few glasses of water can also help.

So the full bladder causes them. That's what I was leaning toward. I'm going to start going as soon as I feel the urge from now on, a contraction on top of the need to pee is extremely uncomfortable.

I notice even if I go pee right when I have to I still get strong BH sometimes, but definitely the worse I have to go the stronger the BH.

My dr said that a full bladder causes them.
Its funny to me because she says "when you have contractions go pee, rest and drink plenty of water"
Im just like "Umm wont the water cause more contractions?" lol
Its a catch 22 ;)
Drink lots of water and do lots of potty time

BH definitely squeeze my bladder! Sometimes I can only go for a dribble after but I definitely feel the urge to go during a contraction. That's often the first sign that I've got one starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->