Do follicles mean ovulation?

halei2715

Reaction score
Hey, guys. DH and I have been ttc since November. Doctor put us on Metformin and 50 mg of Clomid days 5-9 in November. December, we upped Clomid to 100 mg. January, 150, and February 200... Went for our day 13 ultrasound to check for follicles. Finally had five large follicles on my right ovary and one fair-sized follicle on my left. I realize I should've asked my doctor right away, but we were a little excited to see good results that I just took the doctor's hopefulness and ran with it. Does follicles mean eggs? If I had follicles, does that mean I've ovulated? So confused!

Follicles contain the egg. Usually "naturally" we release one a month some may release 2 and that's what is fertilized to make a baby. Clomid makes you produce more for a better chance at fertilizing an egg or more. If they are a certain size they will be released. If they see the follicles in your overies you have not ovulated yet. Taking Clomid gives you a higher chance of having multiples as well because more mature follicles can be released and thus fertilized.
Hope that makes sense and good luck!! Sounds like the Clomid did its job! 😊👍🏼

Follicles contain the egg. Usually "naturally" we release one a month some may release 2 and that's what is fertilized to make a baby. Clomid makes you produce more for a better chance at fertilizing an egg or more. If they are a certain size they will be released. If they see the follicles in your overies you have not ovulated yet. Taking Clomid gives you a higher chance of having multiples as well because more mature follicles can be released and thus fertilized.
Hope that makes sense and good luck!! Sounds like the Clomid did its job! 😊👍🏼

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"