Do I dare to come in here.....

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve been on this forum for quite a few years now, was on when I was expecting my ds who is now 8.5 years old.

Just over 2 weeks ago we had a miscarriage the day before our 12 week scan was due. Based on the information on my discharge notes our little bean stopped growing around 7 weeks

Today I appeared to pass my final tissue/clot and the bleeding now seems to have stopped which is a relief. I took a test yesterday and it came back negative and the scan I had the day after the miscarriage confirmed I didn’t need any intervention. OH and I had a conversation the other day and decided that we won’t be going on anything to prevent another pregnancy so technically when we become active again I guess we’ll be TTC... So thought I’d join anyway....

I think I’m a little concerned as I am worried it would happen again but I suppose that’s to be expected...

I think I’m happy to get back on the TTC journey but OH isn’t quite ready to bd as he saw what they removed from me and think it’s haunting him slightly so it’s a bit of an unknown as to when we will begin the journey again. Hopefully not long and fingers crossed it won’t take too long for the bfp...

Xxx

Hi hon
Its great to see u posting on here and I'm so happy you have made the decision to ttc again.
Just wanted to give u some reassurance.
When I had my MC at 10 weeks I did go on to have a healthy pregnancy.
I believe in my whole heart that you to will go on to have a healthy pregnancy and that I will be seeing you posting a BFP soon.
I really hope this helps give you some reassurance.
Also I'm not sure where you are but I'm sure ure be able to request some early scans with ure next pregnancy.
Just wanted to wish u all the luck in the world and sending lots of love and hugs.

Hi suggerhoney . Firstly congratulations on your scan. So pleased all is going well. I wasn’t sure whether to start here or in WTT as OH has a few demons but I think we’ll get there. I’m just glad the ordeal is done so we can focus on looking forward rather than feeling stuck in a rut if you get what I mean. I had a mmc in 2000 then went on the have dd1 but I was a lot younger then, dd1 is 18 next month I’m sure all will be ok......

I’m in the UK, unsure if they’d allow a scan before 12 weeks as it probably wouldn’t be classed as a recurrent mc as my first was 19 years ago. OH and I have discussed it however and we have decided we will book for a private early scan if that’s the case. Both my mmc and my mc seemed to cease at 7 weeks so if we book for 9/10 weeks providing all is ok then all should be ok. That’s my theory anyway!!!

Seems you’ll be stalking for my bfp as I was for your early scan Reckon I’ll be very wary but you’ll know

Thank you for your support suggerhoney, it really means a lot. And I’m so happy for you that bean is behaving and sticking.

Much love xxx

Got emotional reading this.
I'm in the UK as well hon. I'm in the south west about a hour away from London.
Yes hon if u can't get a early scan then book a privet one. That's what I did in the end.
My anxiety was through the roof so I just had to go ahead and have a privet scan.

I'm still scared even now but do feel more reasured since seeing the heart beating.
My symptoms have really kicked in today so that's also reasuring.
Just pray he or she continues to grow and thrive.
I don't know if I'll get another scan now until 12 weeks I'll just have to see what the midwife says when I see her on Wednesday.
I'm not even telling her or the hospital about the privet scan. So if she offers another scan I'll just be like oh wow ok.
Can't see it happening tho and can't afford another privet one so just got to have faith that all will be fine.
I'm feeling alot more positive now but I know I still have another 4 and a half to 5 weeks to go.
Just hoping the next few weeks will go by quickly.
I'm feeling sick now it really really hit me today but I am not going to complain about it because I know it's all part of it and that I just have to be Thankful that I am pregnant no matter how sick it makes me feel. I think it's wrong how in our country they make womon wait till 12 weeks for a scan.
They shud do early ones just for the reassurance but guess the NHS are just trying to save money by making some cut backs. Still think it's wrong and that all womon shud be offered at least 2 early scans b4 the 12 weeks one. Makes me mad hon.

I will pray for you and ure other half. I'm sure he will be ready to start trying again soon. I will so be looking out for ure BFP. When I see it im gonna be singing from the rooftops.

Last edited:
Awww bless you hun. I think In order to get an early scan here you must have had recurrent losses but I don’t know how many they offer. It’s unlikely they’ll offer you one but you could gently persuade them by saying you’ve had bleeding or something maybe? Just a thought...

I wouldn’t worry about the private scan as I don’t believe they take them into consideration anyway or so I’m led to believe.

I think it’s natural for any woman to be worried but definitely feel its worse after a loss. I’m so glad all was good with your scan and I’m sure that all will continue to go just fine. Enjoy the symptoms. They won’t last that long!

Thank you hun that means a lot. I hope so. I feel really selfish coz I feel ready to try again and I know he doesn’t. I know everyone moves at their own pace but it doesn’t stop me feeling bad.

Try not to worry too much I’m sure all will be just fine. Hugs xxx

Hi hon
Awww thank you yes I'm just going to try and stay positive.
Yeah I won't say ive been bleeding because I don't want to tempt fate.
I'm Hoping she will take one loom at my belly and be like hmmmm I think we need to book a scan to see how far you are.
I'm just gonna say to her I'm 8 weeks but cud be more and see what she says.
If no scab is offered than will just have to wait it out till the 12 week dating scan and just hope and pray all will be ok.
Sadly I seem to get more sick the further I get. Around 13 weeks and I'm actually throwing up. At the moment I just feel sick but I haven't been sick. Dried heaved a few times but managed to control it by taking deep slow breaths.
The tiredness has hit me as well and I feel so drained. But I'm not complaining lol.

Hon ure not being selfish at all. I can understand wanting to try strait away.
Hopfullu ure OH will come around soon.
Sending lots of love and hugs hugs

Well I have everything crossed for a sticky bean. Hope you manage to wangle another scan before 12 weeks. Will definitely be stalking!!!

I’m sure we’ll be ok. OH will get there in time I don’t doubt that. I’m just impatient and don’t think my age is helping. Keep telling myself I’m blessed with the 3 I already have and too old for more but deep down I know I want one with my man... Why does life always through a spanner in eh..... lol

Hugs xxx

Bless you sweet, I had a mc around 10 weeks and fell pregnant within 2.5/3 weeks so definitely possible! If not I’m lead to believe you’re very fertile after mc... will be following! Good luck on this cycle :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->