Do I dare...................?

proudmummy

Proud mummy to my 2 boys
Reaction score
I posted on here a little while ago about how broody I was just a month after my son was born. He is now almost 7 weeks and hubby and I have been talking about not trying but not using protection.

We are both desperate for another baby, the only thing I would be worried about is work, I dont really know where I would stand with work as I am due to go back in January and if I was lucky enough to fall fairly soon that I could be 5/6 months when I go back. My boss would tear my head off (she hates me anyway)

My sister-in-law was NTNP for 3 years before she fell pregnant with my niece so I know it could take ages to fall again,

I dont think u'd be entitled to maternity pay (other than SMP) if you did that. If you can wait, you'd be better to go back to work and work for a couple of months

You should do what's right for you, there's nothing your boss can do about it so she would just have to live with it!
In most organisations you would still be entitled to maternity pay as you can't lose any of your rights while you're on your current leave and usually for mat pay they look at total length of service so assuming you qualified this time, you will again... that's how it is at my place anyway :thumbup:

Hi, not posted before, just wanted to say that there is a calculation period (the 8 weeks prior to the 15th week before the expected date of birth i.e. weeks 17-25) for statutory maternity pay (and probably your occupational maternity pay) which looks at how much you earn during that period to calculate how much SMP you will receive.

So if that calculation period falls within your current maternity leave when you are on reduced (or no) income then it could affect what SMP you receive during the next maternity leave. Hope that makes sense.

Claire

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->