do i listen to hv or not

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
currently jack has 5 bottles a day 1st bottle at 8am last one about 10.30pm , hv said jack should be in bed by 8.30pm so i should feed him at 8am , 11am , 2pm , 5pm & last bottle 8pm then in bed by 8.30pm , at the moment he has last bottle at 10.30pm & sleeps till 8am i usually wake him for his 1st bottle do i take the risk or wait . violet x

i took away lillys last nite time bottle at about, 4 months ish and a i replaced it with baby breaky in a morning so she was getting enough, really its up to you! HV cant tell you wen your kids should be in bed, its up to you how you establish routine or even if you want a routine. if you dont want to dont do, it, xxxx

i would love to have him in bed by 8.30pm but i worry a bit that he will wake in the night , but hv said he shouldn,t wake as he is still having the 5 bottles a day . violet x

I'd do what suits you hun. If it suits you at 10.30 why rock the boat but if you cange times around he could waken earlier or he mightn't take as much milk if its more clumped together. Personally I think you've got a good plan going at 3 months so well done :)

Do whats right for you and your son. If it fits in with you to feed him at 10:30pm then stick with it. I'm just about to feed Niamh now so that she'll sleep through till morning. If you do want to change the time then i'd do it gradually maybe do it at 10:00pm for a few nights and then slowly move it closer to 8:30pm. I'd say ignore your HV for the moment.

Mamfy, great minds think alike!!!

i would love to have him in bed by 8.30pm but i worry a bit that he will wake in the night , but hv said he shouldn,t wake as he is still having the 5 bottles a day . violet x

when lilly was still on a late bottle i used to put her in bed at about 8ish and wake her up for another in the dark though and she would just go sytraight back off, i took the bottle away wen she stopped waking for it and she would take it in her sleep, and wind in her sleep, pointless really she obviously didnt need it:dohh: good luck with you
descision but as ^^^^^^^^^ said you have got a good way at the moment it will all change in time when you no he is ready to change. xx

Honestly you may find he will sleep through anyways. I was worried too. Jasmine had been going to be at 9 and waking at 6am.

I decided to try putting her to bed earlier because she was so cranky and tired in the evening, this is when I began giving her a small bowl of rice cereal at 6pm. We then get her bathed and ready for bed and she has a top up bottle at 8pm and then sleeps through until 7am.

But you only do what you are comfortable with, what works for us may not work for you :)

BTW, jasmine has about 7 bottles a day and eats about every 2 hours in the daytime and each bottle has about 4oz. Her first bottle at 7am she has about 6oz.

Honestly you may find he will sleep through anyways. I was worried too. Jasmine had been going to be at 9 and waking at 6am.

I decided to try putting her to bed earlier because she was so cranky and tired in the evening, this is when I began giving her a small bowl of rice cereal at 6pm. We then get her bathed and ready for bed and she has a top up bottle at 8pm and then sleeps through until 7am.

But you only do what you are comfortable with, what works for us may not work for you :)

BTW, jasmine has about 7 bottles a day and eats about every 2 hours in the daytime and each bottle has about 4oz. Her first bottle at 7am she has about 6oz.

jack gets cranky too at the moment esp in the evening his last 2 bottle are 3 hrly feeds but he has 5 x 7oz feeds , don,t know what to do for the best but don,t want to spoon feed him just yet . violet x

Do whats right for you. in my experience they all tell you different things anyway, and you shouldnt be dictated to on how to raise your child! if your routine at the moment is working for you then stick to it!! Their sleeping and feeding routines change so much anyway.

xxx

if ur really worried it will mess his routine up then do it gradually hun thats if ur even wanting to of corse like say hes last bottle is at 10 do it at half 9 for cupple days then 9 etc so it wont be a big differnce for him....archie has 4/5 bottles and baby ceral in morning and evening and hes started having his last bottle round 9 half 9 and sleeps thru til at least 6 xx

sorry, but how dare she!!

Up until Chloe was 5 months she was in exactly the same routine. She changed it herself. As she got more active she wanted to go to bed earlier and would fall asleep at 9:30 instead of 10pm. She now has her last bottle ay 8pm and goes to sleep at 9pm. She does that cos thats what she wants to do, not by me making her, so she now has feeds (bottles annd solids) at 8am, 12 noon and 4pm and last bottle at 8pm.

you do whats rights for you, Jack will dictate hat he needs and when, and he is the best person to tell you !

sorry, but how dare she!!

Up until Chloe was 5 months she was in exactly the same routine. She changed it herself. As she got more active she wanted to go to bed earlier and would fall asleep at 9:30 instead of 10pm. She now has her last bottle ay 8pm and goes to sleep at 9pm. She does that cos thats what she wants to do, not by me making her, so she now has feeds (bottles annd solids) at 8am, 12 noon and 4pm and last bottle at 8pm.

you do whats rights for you, Jack will dictate hat he needs and when, and he is the best person to tell you !
thanks hun you are so right , hv also said that we recommend not to spoon feed babies untill there 6 months old but i think he will start spoon feeding when he is ready , i think i will just carry on as i am & leave it to jack . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->