Do i need actual "burp cloths"?

I personally loved my burp cloths. I received a ton from my shower and I though their smaller size were very convenient and were just right for how much DD spit up (which was a good a bit, just recently she stopped spitting up a lot). Burping her over the shoulder and having the cloth underneath was nice. Plus I loved all the colors and designs they came it. Plus I knew specifically they were for spit up use and I felt like if I used random cloths, I could use something that I used to clean the toilet or something and I thought that was gross. So burp rags were specifically for baby only.

But now that DD is getting older I'm not using them as much so having so many kind of sucks but I'm still thankful for them :flower:

I totally think I got burp cloths and receiving blankets mixed up. I use receiving blankets lol. Sorry, total preggo brain moment!

Thanks everyone!!

I have bought a bunch of 30x30 flannel receiving blankets, so I may just use those. I just didn't want to buy anything that was branded for no good reason!

Thanks for all the opinions and help! :flower:

OMG and we got a TON of receiving blankets as gifts, the small flannel ones from the baby stores. Too small to do a proper swaddle, so we hardly used them for anything but burp cloths. Great way to get "burp cloths" lol.

I think I mostly used my shirt as a burp cloth LOL - or a towel, or a wash cloth, or a receiving blanket, (got a TON of receiving blankets at the baby shower) or a "rag" (I have a bunch of old cut up tshirt peices that I just use for whatever I need to use them for) .... my DS1 was formula fed and had collic so he urped a lot - DS2 did not have the collic and was breast fed (It just worked out that way for us) and didn't urp hardly at all.

Okay so im starting to get everything together for baby and I feel so far behind....

I have washcloths, and they are nice and thin and soft (to be honest, on sale) and now ive been looking for actual burp cloths but I cant find any (I haven't hit up babies r us until hubby gets a job again)

Do I actually need something called a burp cloth, or do you use just.. anything? Im a natural mama (to be), so I already have cloths and such around my home as I don't use paper towels or disposable dish cloths and sponges. Everything goes in the washer.

Can I go buy random soft cloth and use that? I am so confused, and im probably making a huge deal out of nothing lol. :kiss::dohh:

When my daughter was over a year old and we went to visit her newborn cousin, I saw a burp cloth and didn't even recognize what it was. It had to be mentioned that that's what it was. I think that probably answers it for you! We just used receiving blankets. Really, you just need something absorbent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->