do i need sterilser if i have dishwasher?

bax

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new on here. Due 12th Dec , 1st baby (girl :) )

I just bought a steriliser and then read on a website that you dont need one if you have a dishwasher. Please can you give me advice?

Thanks

:)

I thought so - just thought I'd check. I keep thinking of stupid questions but need to find answers so thanks :)

Hi, Iv never heard of that before. I would of thought you would still needed a steriliser. I dont know anyone who just used the dishwasher instead of steriliser. Best person to ask is probably your midwife though

I wouldn't think you sterilise bottles in a dishwasher? :?

Best just getting a steriliser.

Using the dishwasher is no different to washing up in the sink is it?

You deffo need a steriliser of some description

You can wash bottles in the dishwasher or by hand, but they must be steralised after this at a certain temp to kill off all the bugs and germs. You can not feed baby from a bottle straight out of the dishwasher x

I agree u will need a steriliser ive just bought a tomme tippee one for the microwave for a tenner in tkmax

I was told that you can just use the dishwasher as the dishwasher goes up in the high temps to wash dishes etc...maybe its just the ones here in aussie that go up to the hot degrees...(like boiling your bottles..they do the same thing!)...but my MW said that I can just bung the bottles in the dishwasher as it sterilises the bottles and teats etc...because it goes up in the high degrees needed! (hope that made sense!) :hugs: I know that over here we use higher voltage for power etc...so maybe our electrical appliances do???? I dont know...but I never had any probs anyway with dishwashing my bottles for my first. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I was told that you can just use the dishwasher as the dishwasher goes up in the high temps to wash dishes etc...maybe its just the ones here in aussie that go up to the hot degrees...(like boiling your bottles..they do the same thing!)...but my MW said that I can just bung the bottles in the dishwasher as it sterilises the bottles and teats etc...because it goes up in the high degrees needed! (hope that made sense!) :hugs: I know that over here we use higher voltage for power etc...so maybe our electrical appliances do???? I dont know...but I never had any probs anyway with dishwashing my bottles for my first. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes you can just use the dishwasher as long as it's on the hottest setting, but I'd still get a steriliser - if you're getting through lots of bottles in a day it's probably far cheaper to use a steriliser than have to run the whole dishwasher every time...and a lot quicker too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->