Do men feel it?

candice123

Reaction score
Hey ladies, just another thought that has occured to me, do you think men have a biological clock too? Do they crave children also like we do? Is it different for them?

Im not really sure - i have wondered this a few times. I dont think they have the same feelings as us - its our hormones lol xx

my bil is going to be 29 this year and his desperate for a baby right now, he doesnt want to be a old dad. but its my sister who is saying no.

so i do think men can have somekind of biological clock just some chose to show it more then women.

for me aswel its my oh who really wanted kids in the first place and i was the one who was like ermm..... hes desperate for baby 2 aswel he wants to start trying now and im like no chance

I have read that SOME men feel similar but much later in life - I'm talking 40s & 50s here. I for one, at age 35, am not feeling the ticking of any biological clock yet!

yes I think some do. My brother will be 30 this year and has been desperate for a child for the past 5 years. He had a little boy late last year and already is desperate for another.
I think a lot of men don't feel it like we do because, aside from the hormones, we women are only fertile for a certain amount of time whereas men can father children well into their 80's.

Hmm see men can make babies forever basically lol so I don't think they feel the same pressure as women who experience a dip in fertility even in their late 20s..

But I think A LOT of men in their 30s feel like they "need" to have their children ASAP so they can "be there" and be young enough to run around with their kids etc..

I would say yes my husband is 31 this year and is so broody, awwing at babies in the street and keeps saying to be he doesn't want to be an old dad, but I would say men get it in their thirties..

Certainly some men feel it.

My DH is 29 in April and is baby-mad at the moment! He's dreaming babies, talking babies and really tempted to start making babies now. It's only the fact that we need to get a better handle on his debt and a holiday in Feb next year that is stopping him from trying. He says he can't wait and is talking names at the moment. I got him a fatherhood book so he could prepare, as he's concerned he'll 'mess up' as a dad and I told him he could read it when he felt ready or not at all and he's nearly half way through it. We're going on holiday tomorrow and on his list of things to pack he's written 'daddy book'. :cloud9:

It's great, but it also really does affect your own broodiness and make you a million times worse! Heheheee.

I think men do, but in a different way. We start getting broody because of hormones etc. Our ticking "clock" but I think men just have ideals in their mind of wanting children at a certain age. My OH has always been the one pushing for us to try even when we first got together at 18 :blush: I always said no I wanted a house, marriage if we could afford it, maybe a dog, stable jobs, cars. All the regular stuff, and I though well that list is nice and long so I'll have plenty of time.

I'm 22 now and as soon as I get married in September, OH will have managed all of them!! :rofl: Luckily I have always wanted children in my younger years, so I am more than happy to start trying on our honeymoon, but before that I have been the one putting on the breaks when OH has been begging. :haha: I asked him why and he said he has always wanted a LO with me because he loves me, he knew that I would be the one he would marry because we are so opposite but compatable! His family even placed bets on us which I didn't know about! :blush:

I think instinctively women want to be mothers and men want to provide.
Instinct aside, i think men definitely get broody, my OH looks at babies, looks round mothercare and has started looking at threads on BnB!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->