do not use first signal!!! (Walmart cheapies)

Nicole R.

Reaction score
I am 16dpo.. Temps are high and 2 days late for AF. Took a first signal test this morning and after THREE MINUTES I got the worst evap!! I got an evap from one yesterday, although it took 4-5 mins. This evap popped up immediately, where I kinda felt a bit excited but noticed it was a grey line.:cry:
Has anyone else ever experience this? ?

Attachments

• chartgraph_module-36.jpg
    chartgraph_module-36.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2015-09-02-09-39-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-02-09-39-25.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 40
I have some of those and tried them and I too get an evap line but it takes a couple of hours. I'm 3 days late and getting BFN on other brands.

I can't see anything in the picture but I know there was a woman last month in the testing section that had a wicked evap on one of those. I've always loved them and never had a problem but it seems like maybe there's a bad batch out there?
You're not out yet though, esp with high temps! Good luck!

Thanks ladies! I have to reduce picture quality to post pictures. From what I read online, it's impossible to have an evap within the time frame, especially 3 mins. I'm so perplexed. I almost with AF would just show so I can start with the next cycle.
TTC#3 Since may 2013

Here's a comparison from 14dpo and 16dpo

Attachments

• 20150902_111408.jpg
    20150902_111408.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 28
Nic I have been using them over a week and getting faint hazy lines last few days, I posted a few pics, but they are 25 miu so i wouldn't expect more than that if you are preg right now, or had late implant like I'm hoping.
Evaps technically require the test to be mostly dry (evaporation), and like pp said I have had these with first signal in past, but after totally dry (gray ones).
The ones I have been getting last few days with fmu come up within 5 mins and the tests are def sopping wet still. They also have a pinkish color more than gray. My concern is my frer was SO faint I could barely see the line ( that was my confirm test) so I'm in bfp limbo since i have spotted 2 days
Here's a pic of mine (sorry for all these pics:
firstsignal12dpo-10dpo_opt.jpg
firstsignal12dpo-10dpoNeg.jpg
firstsignal13dpo2.jpg
firstsignal13dpo2Neg.jpg
frer13dpo.jpg
Have you tried another brand as a backup? My frers are very very hard to see unless literally in the right light, and right angle to see the pink.
Hoping your :evaps: are just the start of a late BFP!

JLM, There is no denying those :bfp: I would definitely most definitely consider that a positive test!

I haven't tried any other tests yet because something strange happened yesterday. I thought I got AF, I had a small clot with light bleeding and then nothing. It completely stopped. I took my temp today it is still 98.58! My Temps drop back to 97.3 when I get AF. I'm so Confused!!!

I'm confused as hell too ...
My chart is a real crapper and I keep gettoing the same very faint lines, even this morning, but ystrdy the doc got a neg urine, but felt "concerned" enough to do blood.
They didn't show me the urine stick so no idea if they saw the same faint line.
I asked for a quantitative so we would know the hcg number. I started progesterone 2 days ago, and obviously don't want to stop cold if there is hcg in my blood until I know if rising or dropping.
She swore the qualitative was very sensitive and detect even low hcg.
Call today - blood is neg. Then she tells me it detects "as low as 25miu"...:shock:
That is neither LOW nor SENSITIVE. Every test in the store can detect 25 dar near!!
Waiting on a call back
SO I totally feel you on preg limbo - IT SUX!

I was just about to say.. doctors HPT are not sensitive at all!! Lol
Fx that you have a nice HCG and rising! Our bodies can do very strange and weird things.. and for all we know the lines won't get any darker for you because of some strange medical mystery which I can bet has happened many times before. Please keep me updated!!! Fx darling!!

Thx Nicole :hugs:
I have a medical background, and have worked in L&D and have done the whole IVF route as a surrogate, and ttc with DS with 10miu tests etc bla bla...
And all of that along with chatting with other ladies ttc, is where I have learned SOO much more than avg, non ttc women, who think if a doc says neg it's neg..
I was So sad yesterday when I thought how many women have stopped progesterone, or even continued rtaking dangerous meds, because a medical professional didn't care enough to double check thing, do the most sensitive testing, or simply just LISTEN to what the person is telling you.
How many angel babies are out there due to that? :(
This is why I would never ever tell a woman what they feel or see is wrong.
I am not that woman, and I do not know her body as she does, nor what is "normal" or "not normal" for her not the avg person.
I don't condone living on false hope or with blinders on, but for the love of medicine, the very oath it's founded on is" Do no harm."
What is insignificant to them may have huge consequences in a patient's life.
Hope we both get some True answers soon!
:dust:

Well I hope yours is a BFP. I'm new to this site sorry but I was hoping you could advise me also. I did a test and it was negative but when I got home from work there was a line but I'm not sure if its an evap line? What do you think! I'm thinking its a BFN as I've been trying for 2 years with no success xx

If you looked at it quickly * Before the time limit * It may have appeared negative then. Sometimes a true positive doesn't look that positive until after 5-10 mins.
Looks VERY positive to me :thumbup: ( coming from someone who has been pregnant 6x' ) lol
Test again to be sure :)

My wally world didn't show much other than a faint hazr today :(
Def lighter. Giving it 1 more day. If not a line tomoro I'm stopping progest and starting a new cycle -sigh-
:dust: to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->