do people develop photos anymore and make huge albums?

My mum did a photo album of me and my sister as we were growing up. A few from each year, events or holidays and they are great.

I was going to do the same for my son but I am a scarpbooker so I already have a scrapbook album of him with loads of photos, an album that's in a silver frame that's on display and then pictures in his "my first diary" book.

I have decided instead I will do photobooks of him after each birthday, so in July I will do birth to 1 and then next year 1-2 years etc.
They are so cheap now and we can look back in them in the future.

I have also used project 365 on my phone and have a photo a day of my son from birth which I will print for his memory box.

All of this I can do for the new baby too - cant wait to buy a new scrapbook album for new baby!

I used to print loads of photos and have literally hundreds of albums of me growing up, holidays, events, once me and my hubby got together etc and I am running out of storage for them all so I just print for my scrap books now and store everything else on disc in a fancy disc box.

I plan to use photo box and make some photo books. I will also print off a few for frames/collages too! Xx

My mum did a photo album of me and my sister as we were growing up. A few from each year, events or holidays and they are great.

I was going to do the same for my son but I am a scarpbooker so I already have a scrapbook album of him with loads of photos, an album that's in a silver frame that's on display and then pictures in his "my first diary" book.

I have decided instead I will do photobooks of him after each birthday, so in July I will do birth to 1 and then next year 1-2 years etc.
They are so cheap now and we can look back in them in the future.

I have also used project 365 on my phone and have a photo a day of my son from birth which I will print for his memory box.

All of this I can do for the new baby too - cant wait to buy a new scrapbook album for new baby!

I used to print loads of photos and have literally hundreds of albums of me growing up, holidays, events, once me and my hubby got together etc and I am running out of storage for them all so I just print for my scrap books now and store everything else on disc in a fancy disc box.

I plan on doing photo books after his 1st birthday. I plan on ordering extra copies as Christmas presents for the Grandparents. :thumbup:

Right now I just put all of my pics on Facebook.

I think every six months or so I'll pick a bunch of my favorites and get them printed and put them in an album.

I still have my baby photo album and love looking at it. I want the same for my daughter. :)

I make a hardbound book for aiden and I'll do the same for Liam. I use blurb for it. Cheap and easier cropping and cutting things for scrapbooking :thumbup: I also have blown up some pictures for wall art. I'm doing a safari theme for his nursery so I went to the zoo and took close up shots with my telephoto lens to frame on his wall.

I don't print out any individual photos but make up digital photobook albums. I'm just about to start work on an album for LO's first year and aiming to do one a year. I love designing digital albums from scratch and am actually hoping to set up a business in the near future designing albums.

It was my new year resolution to print out more photos. So far I have over 300 from this year alone! I love looking through my gran's old albums and if we don't print them off then they won't really be available for future generations to see the same. Also, we lost a load of Harvey's baby photos when the laptop crashed so it's nice to have physical copies too.

I have a baby album for LO with all her best pics. I'm making it a record of her first year! We also have some framed. I printed up a bunch of her pictures just to have, too.

I almost never had pictures developed but I made a vow with the baby to start doing so. Sooner or later pics on the computer are going to get lost. I have lots of old pictures of the family, some over 100 years old, and they're all treasures. Even assuming electronic media could last that long, technology will change to the point where you cannot retrieve files. You'd have to keep updating and transferring media from one thing to another. That and computers, flash drives etc will crash or get lost. Something can always happen to printed photos, of course, but they're much more permanent. I always say if something's worth keeping, get it on paper! :flower:

Nearly all my pics go on fb are stored on our computer. If its a one off event like a holiday or my wedding etc then I print and make an album. With LO I've printed a few for frames, his baby book etc. I've also just made a photo book of him 0-3 months online which cost £35 which is way cheaper than printing all photos I have sooo many. I will do same for 3-6, 6-9 months etc. then prob be every year after that.

I have thousands stored on my external hard drive but once a month I will get a bunch developed and will pop them in his album. We have 3 at the moment

I printed out pictures of LO for his birth announcement cards (I bought a Canon photo-printer/copier for at-home-work, but discovered the photo attachment was pretty good) and have sent a few pictures to non-facebook family/non-email older relatives. We have loads of pictures, which I email to my parents in the States, and have printed out my favourite (my avatar picture, actually), which I put in a frame on the mantlepiece in our living room. As for a photo album, will probably start one for LO's future enjoyment, but haven't at the moment. My current project, if you will, is making a baby quilt for him, so will do a photo album in the next few months....maybe....if I have time.....

best wishes

i just printed my lo photos today and bought a big pink album, normally i wouldnt bother and just put them on a disck but its easier to show people the album

It so easy to get them printed out these days as I do it online with truprint and they send it in the post!

Got over a 100 printed just the other day.

I do put them in albums but mostly i make collages - i have bought big A1 size frames from Ikea and make put all the photos in.
I also make sure they saved in at least 2 different places - as have a real fear of loosing electronic files.

I have 2166 photos of Ella so far... and 132 of Toby...

So we store them on the computer but every month or so we upload all the recent ones since the last time we uploaded, then move our faves to a separate folder and get those ones printed, twice. We use one set to share around the family, and keep the other set (we learnt this when Ella was very young and we ended up giving away ALL of our photos and had none for us!). Then out of our set we pick the very very best and I make albums with them, and this week I'm gonna pick a few of our nicest ever pictures and get them printed big to frame :D xxx

We've done a few albums of Louis so far. It's lovely to have photos to look back on in years to come xx

Yep we're printing the 'good' ones and all the others go on facebook.
She's got a matching album for her pictures and birth cards

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->