• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do similar cravings as 1st pregnancy mean same gender?

Zeri

Reaction score
What do you think/what's been your experience? This pregnancy I'm craving fruits - which is the same thing I craved last time. But in addition I'm also wanting a lot of cooked food (different from last time).

Just wondering if there's a link to cravings and gender?

I craved sweets with my first and salty/tangy food this time and both are girls! I was convinced i was having a boy.

My cravings have been all over the place. I always have a sweet tooth, so that never counts. Last pregnancy I wanted sour cream, pop corn and anything savory. I had a boy. This time I'm into all the fruits, bacon, hot Cheetos and gummy candies. Pop too which I never drink. Not sure what I'm having yet.

With my girls i was craving fruits, especially oranges, sweet foods. With this one everything seems too sweet and the best snack is popcorn. I would eat everything salty. From fruits i can only eat apples. And we just found out that this one is a boy!
So different cravings for different gender for me.

Thanks for your responses! I really wonder if there's a link- but seems like it can go either way. Momof2tobe, I also craved oranges and tangy fruits with my girl- same thing now! But I'm also craving cooked food like rice and fis, which is new this time,.so what's that supposed to mean? I've heard sweet cravings mean girl and savoury cravings mean boy...:shrug:

I guess like you said it can go either way.

With my first two pregnancies, I was craving sweet and had pretty much the same pregnancy symptoms and both times I was pregnant with girls.

This time, its the complete opposite. Any kind of sweet is too sweet and I prefer sour and spicy food.

In your case, if I had to guess, I would say you are having a girl. hehe. Do let me know whether I am right after your ultrasound. :)

With my boy I definitely had more savory cravings. I didn't like a lot of sweet food, in fact it made me gag.

With this one I'm definitely into my sweet tooth. I love fruit like crazy, also love "bad stuff" like cotton candy, haha. I'm not finding out what I'm having this time though, until the end.

different cravings for me! with my son I went off anything sweet (and i' am usually a chocoholic) this time I want to eat ALL the sweet food! and yesterday we found out its a girl :)

Hmmmm, interesting! Thx for your replies. I wonder if there's anything to the 'savoury = boy", "sweet = girl". I'm craving a mix of sweet (fruits) and savoury, things, though....so..:shrug:

But Timewaster - my instinct says 'girl' too (DH and I would love another girl). But we'll see!

I'm not in 2nd tri yet but will try to update when I know! :flower:

Hi there, with my DD I craved grapefruit, cake and sweets. This time around I'm craving pork pies, burgers, melon and jelly beans and we're having a boy x

Not to knock the old wives' tale but.... Last pregnancy I craved savoury, salty, spicy and sour. Sweet was gross to me my entire first trimester, though it started getting more appealing again in my second trimester and I craved a lot of fresh fruit and lemonade and eventually chocolate. I had a boy.

This time my sweet tooth was gone for a bit at the beginning but was back with a vengeance even before second trimester. At times salty seems more appealing but I'm definitely all about sweet. And carbs! We aren't finding out the sex till birth but I suspect I'm having another boy. (I'm carrying the exact same, BTW.)

It's so annoying because just when you think there's something to these theories someone (like me--sorry) comes along and dispels them! But maybe I'm just abnormal!

For me different cravings have coincided with different genders, but I don't think there's anything to it. With my son I desperately wanted lemons all the time. I didn't crave much else, but I could have eaten lemons all day long with him. This time I have seriously craved sweet things - chocolate, sweets and fruit, fruit, fruit! I also went completely off meat last time, but have been wanting meat more than normal this time.

I think cravings are much more linked to imbalances in your body, rather than the gender of your baby.

x

No. Cravings have nothing to do with what gender the baby is. They just indicate which vitamins and minerals you don't have enough of. Everything else is an old wives tale.

With both pregnancies I craved cake and donuts and I don't have a sweet tooth at all.

First way a boy and this is a girl...infact I first knew I was pregnant when I kept dreaming about donuts lol

Thanks for sharing!

Celesse - yes, I read that one of the reasons for cravings is to satisfy imbalances in the body for certain vitamins/nutrients.

Another reason is hormonal changes which cause fluctuations in taste and smell - which then makes some foods seem really appealing and others not at all. \

And then they say another reason is psychological - what feels comforting and satisfying to you.

It's very interesting!

Just updating this post to say that I had a boy. So for me, my sweet cravings = girl, and my savoury cravings led to a boy. But I know that's now how it always works. Just though I'd' share.

Both my babies (boy and now girl) I've craved fruit juice, and that's really it.
But in terms of cravings or basically any symptoms at all, you hear of soooo many women who had totally different pregnancies and had the same gender. I really don't think there's anything in it. When you think about it scientifically most of the gender indicators don't make sense - e.g. Bump shape which depends on the shape/position of your uterus and how could that be affected by gender of the baby! I think same with cravings. As a pp said (years ago I realise haha) it's more about what your body is lacking which may change from preg to preg but doesn't indicate gender.
That's my two pennies worth :)

For me it was sweet with my girl and savoury this time around and it's a boy! So the old wives tale was right for me!

I craved a lot of junk food with my first - lots of cheesy Mac, fries/hash browns, mashed potato, toasted cheese sandwiches. I also went through a phase of craving steak, avocado on toast, and vanilla slices (there was a bakery near my work and their vanilla slices were heaven during that period. My cravings were all savoury aside from the vanilla slice.
This time, my cravings were much more mild (so far) - mostly I just wanted fresh tomato during the first trimester. Then I really got into salad sandwiches and fresh fruit. That’s been the extent of it so far.. Other than it still being mostly savoury stuff, I would say it’s a lot different to my first pregnancy in terms of wanting healthier foods over junk food, and not having as strong cravings/urges like the first time.

Both pregnancies are boys.

With my DS I craved sugary sweets , x strong mints and garlic !! My DD1 strong spicy flavours , DD2 strong spicy flavours like houmous and hot sauce, pineapple and strawberries!!! This baby has been a real mix , strawberries , spicy food , extra strong garlic bread, pink lady apples , recently rice crispies with very cold milk and fresh orange juice (not together lol!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->