Do they have to pay me holiday pay?

It's been almost a week and I'm still waiting for replies to both emails. So annoying!

Pretty sure they're not allowed to take that long there must be a formality with these things, I would call up to chase them up.

Well I'm still waiting to hear back! Emailed the manager twice more and had no reply, rang up but she is never there and emailed payroll. Not had one reply. So annoying!

That is so unprofessional!!

It's been almost a week and I'm still waiting for replies to both emails. So annoying!

Pretty sure they're not allowed to take that long there must be a formality with these things, I would call up to chase them up.

Well I'm still waiting to hear back! Emailed the manager twice more and had no reply, rang up but she is never there and emailed payroll. Not had one reply. So annoying!

That is so unprofessional!!

I know! It's a really large company too! Sick of waiting around for a reply but there isn't much else I can do :(

If it's a large company could you go above your manager's head?

I don't have any details and the administrator (who has replaced me) won't give me the details. The payroll department is based at head office and I've emailed them to let them know I won't be returning to work and that I've emailed the manager numerous times and had no reply. I asked if a leavers form has been sent over for me and how much annual leave I have accrued but heard nothing.

The paydate is 26th of every month so I'm hoping that I will get paid directly into my bank next Friday but I don't know if this will happen or not. I just hate not knowing where I stand!

I don't have any details and the administrator (who has replaced me) won't give me the details. The payroll department is based at head office and I've emailed them to let them know I won't be returning to work and that I've emailed the manager numerous times and had no reply. I asked if a leavers form has been sent over for me and how much annual leave I have accrued but heard nothing.

The paydate is 26th of every month so I'm hoping that I will get paid directly into my bank next Friday but I don't know if this will happen or not. I just hate not knowing where I stand!

Argh it's ridiculous I don't know who you could complain to, I would suggest either marching into the office to put people on the spot lol or if the money doesn't go I'm ask the people at CAB?

Yeah that's what I will do. If they don't pay me next week with the payroll then I will go down there and have it out with them. I know I've handed my notice in but they can't treat me like this, it's just not fair.

I've finally had a reply off the administrator after sending a 5th email and CCing her in!

I can confirm that your e-mail has been received.
I will pass your email on to the manager and payroll

Any holiday pay accrual that you will be due to will be paid in your final wages

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to make contact with the Manager

Better late than never! Still no reply off the manager and it's been quite a while now. Not a clue when I will be paid my holiday pay, if payroll are only officially being told today then I've missed the cut off for this month and will have to wait until 30.11.13, can they make me wait that long?

I'm glad they've finally emailed!! I'm not sure if there's any law in terms of how long they can make you wait, I know with my employer I started work Jul 10th last year and didn't get paid until end of August which was a bit of a pain because I had to pay childcare, but I don't think there was any obligation to need to pay me as it was the way the payroll cut off worked. If you know your payroll cut off date I would chase them up again a week before just to be sure it is done next month.

I think the cut off date is two weeks before pay date. Pay date is officially the 30th of every month but the money usually lands in employees accounts on the 26th. I let the manager know on the 9th so technically I should get it the 26th October but it looks like it is going to be November now, unless they send a cheque. Oh well, as long as I get it then I'm not too bothered :)

Another update!

Just received my pay slip and I've been paid a big fat zero!! Not had a p45 yet or anything.

Any advice on where I go from here? I'm so fed up with it all. It's been about 7 weeks since I handed my notice in. I just want what I'm owed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->