do unanswered calls cost you?

MummyMummy

Reaction score
wondering if anybody could help me with phone calls...

if you phone on your house phone to a local number (mr.mans work number, local area code, not mobile) and there is no answer (no answering machine/voicemail) will that still cost you?

xXx

nope if theres no answer and no answeing machine cuttin in and it just rings there is no charge

oh right, we thought that. but we have been charged (sky talk plan, line with bt) for every single call that mr.man made towork when they didn't answer - we had a £17 phone bill, no much but considering we usually pay around £4-£6 :\

thank you for your help!

xXx

if it goes 2 an answering machine theres a connection fee, has it maybe done this?

nuh, no answering machine/change of ring tone etc

mr.man made 15calls to work within 30mins. some calls were 30seconds, some 46 seconds, some a few seconds. we have been charged for them all. i don't know anybody who would make around 15calls to same person, speak for a few seconds then call back and do that constantly for 30mins... he works in an nhs hospital so that def wouldn't be allowed of course.

i just phoned sky and thebloke on the phone was trying to tell me that it can happen although i don't know how we can have a 30 odd second call with somebody, put it down phone straight back them answer... all within the space of 8.37am-8.37am :|

they are putting it through to another department and we should hear back within a week :o

xXx

Thats very odd, cos it should only be when the call is connected (so when someone answers) that the timer of the phone call starts.

may be worth you checking your contract with them ad readin the small print something doesnt sound right

I had summat similar but just paid like a fool.Wish my bill was as low as yours lol

the bloke on the phone didn't speak at first, he didn't knowwhat to say. never experience this with bt, so we moved back to them.

our bill was high this month... never usually that much we was both shocked :lol:

we hardly phone anybody... my grandparents and companys, we both have mobiles both on 02 to if we wannatalk to each other we use mobiles as it is free, even put my grandad on 02 :lol: so only phone their house if he don't answer his phone :lol:

xXx

With him working in a Hospital do you get put through a switch board?

nope, it's his office number - direct line number. he didn't speak to anybody/no auto answer came on either etc. just same ring tone.

it happened phoning my nans number too... 1 cal 1 second, phoned back 1 minute later 2nd call 3seconds. again, who can possibly have a 1or 3 second call?

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->