do we have to use the same brand bottles?

Trixiebell

Reaction score
We have a avent steriliser which we have been buying avent bottles but a family member has bought us 6 tommee tippee colour my world bottles.
A friend has just said that we cant use both types of bottles we have to chose avent or tommee tippee, is this true?

If your LO is happy to take both types of bottles no it's not a problem, my LO has Dr Browns and MAM bottles. When he was younger he had a preference for the mam teats ( luckily they also ditties in de Browns bottles) but now he will take both. He's almost four months now.

It depends on the baby so i guess you won't know. i Know both my LO's were a nightmare to use bottles in the first place and once they found a bottle/teat they liked they would never use another no matter what I tried

I use mainly TT bottles, but have given DD2 an Avent and Playtex bottle here and there with no issues.

Sometimes they get used to a teat and can get frustrated by the change, thats how my son was anyway, he was also the same with his dummy :dohh:

Thank you ladies, i think we will leave it to lo once she is born and if different bottles dont bother her then wont change to the same ones. I had heard that of you are breastfeeding and wanted to go to bottle feeding it was best using tommee tippee as the teets are shaped more like a nipple but i am planning to express so hubby can be involved with feed too hopefully wont be much of a problem.

We've stuck to just one type this time, we've brought Nuby bottles and a Nuby steriliser. However, DD took Avent and TT bottles, as we got brought a mix. :) I think it depends on how fussy baby is, like others have said. X

I know this is a bit of an older post now - i stumbled across it looking for info for myself; my sisters LO (5 months old) will take both the Avent bottles, Dr Browns and Mam :) Initially she just used Avent Classic and Natural and bottle fed from 2 weeks old - but stumbled across wind issues so switched too Dr Browns and Mam to see which was better. Now she's outgrown her wind issues luckily and will still take all 4 bottles!! My sister had purchased 2/3 of each bottle to test - and just never bought more because between all 4 brands she has enough and bubs is happy as long as milk comes out hahaa!

Her older sister however would ONLY take the Closer to Nature and would never have a bar of any other brand.

I guess it comes down to the bubs - But I reckon if you equally introduce them both you "shouldn't" come across too many troubles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->