Do you BF in front of your older kids?

I breast feed in front of my older children and any other children that may be present when my baby needs feeding! My oldest thinks its how everyone feeds their babies and asks much more questions to friends who bottle feed their babies (not that she thinks anything is wrong with it, just so used to seeing me feed her two younger sisters!). X

I breastfed in front of my 8 year old daughter. Not sure how I would feel if she was a boy though

yep and my oldest only self weaned in feb .breastfeeding is normal to my children.

Yep as well:) i have a seven year old and a two year old:) they see it as normal:) i even pump and give my milk occationally to my two yo:)

The thought of not feeding in front of children - mine or anyone else's - has actually never crossed my mind!

I would have been about three when my mother was breastfeeding my brother and I have a very clear memory of being in her room with her as she was feeding sitting on the bed, and asking "Can I have some?" My mum said okay, and I remember sucking on her breast tentatively. I can't remember getting any milk but I don't think I really sucked for long or hard enough. I was well and truly weaned by that stage so it was just sort of a novelty.

It's not a weird memory at all, it's quite nice. I just grew up understanding that breastfeeding was the normal way you feed babies. I never even really thought about formula, except to assume vaguely it was something you did for medical reasons or for toddlers or something, until I came on B&B.

I haven't got a second child yet, but when I do I'll definitely be breastfeeding in front of them as I think its important that they know how babies are fed and where milk comes from etc. It's also really important to normalise breastfeeding. I don't want my kids to be as embarrassed as I was when I saw someone breastfeeding in public as a teenager!! Also I hope it will help influence their feeding decisions when they're older and have babies of their own :flower:

Also, a few months ago we went to visit some family. The lady's grandson was about 11. I asked if it was ok if I breastfed Holly in the living room as I didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. She told the grandchild that I would be breastfeeding LO and asked if he was ok with that. He looked confused and said he didn't know what she meant. She never attempted to tell him what breastfeeding was. To this day I still wonder what that poor boy must have thought I was doing with my boob in a baby's mouth!! It's sad that kids can get to that age and have no idea what breastfeeding is :(

My aunt grabbed her young teen son away from me when I was breastfeeding, scared the hell out of him and me while she was at it by the alarming way she was carrying on. I was well covered as I knew she had issues with breastfeeding. Thats when Alex was born and she refuses to come near me. She done the whole formula argument several times while I was sat there feeding ignoring her and my family tell me how what I was at wasnt necessary. Never said a word to her about it. I never seen her again after that incident with her son.

I don't think to limit who I feed in front of; adult, child or baby. I my babies have needed feeding I have and would just feed. DD seems to have forgotten BFing herself but still sees it as a normal thing that babies do. I feed in front of her. At her nursery sports day DS was a little bit grumpy and I fed him with the entire nursery of 2.5-almost 5 year olds around.

Yes I have never hidden it from anybody.
My kids are 11,7 and 3 and if they were to come across a woman breastfeeding in town or wherever,they wouldn't bat an eyelid.
And thats the way it should be.

I've been feeding Isaac infront of OH's son from a previous relationship as we have him every weekend. I of course cover up as much as possible but I don't use a blanket inside unless we're out and sat in a café etc
He's 6, it has never bothered him & he hasn't asked any questions either, he did ask if he could get isaacs milk from the fridge once lol I just explained he cant have that milk just yet.
:flower:

I BF one of mine and the older two were four and nearly three, I did BF in front of them as for me I would never wish to hide it from them as there is nothing to hide iykwim. The four year old remembers and he thinks it is good, he is now nine and just sees it aswhat boobs are for.

My next one they will be at at least ten, almost nine and six and my opinion hasn't changed at all.

I plan on BF DD2 until she self weans. So could be BF until DD1 is 3.5. DD1 was very curious about BF at the start and now just just doesnt think twice about it. I will never hide BF any more than I would changing to get into the shower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->