Do you care what nappies your OH prefers?!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I've seen a good few nappies for sale because the OH prefers snaps or applix etc - am I alone in not really caring what he likes and getting pretty ones that I like?! :blush: I figure I do most of the nappy changes anyway! :lol:

So are you lot more considerate than me? :D

Nope, I change most of the diapers anyways so I really don't care lol. Luckily though Mark isn't picky...I mean really how much more effort does it take to use snaps over velcro?? Or to put on a cover? I've seen many say their DH would forget, to me that seems crazy? Is he not capable of learning just as you did? lol I know Mark can use all of our diapers just as well. He isn't as good with prefolds only because we don't use them often and he almost never does so he just hasn't had enough practice getting a good fit...just as I was in the beginning.

But Mark likes all of our diapers anyways...he actually likes some that most dads wouldn't. His favorite are our goodmamas (snaps, with 2 rows so can be a bit confusing, plus they are fitteds)

I figure he just has to learn, he tends to go for aplix ones when he's picking a nappy but he uses poppers too although Ry had a nippa on a nappy tonight and he didn't have a clue how to get it off x

I am not so fussed if whatever reason he can't handle it, he can just not use it. But i do normally try and get him agree on the colour/design as i think it's nice to involve him. I usually just give him a choice between 2/3 and make him pick with no get out clause tho. It's worked everytime so far but with the bedbug, he really doesn;t like them for some reason!

nah...Rob is really good tho if i'm honest, he knows which most of them are....its only if i have bought a completely new unknown that he ill be a bit dubious at first......he also hates Bedbugs but i think its cos they are SS and he HATES SS !! tho he is getting better :)

He definately has his faves ...but will use anything ...he's a good lad :cloud9:

i even asked him one night (a while ago and totally theoretically) if we split up and he had another baby with someone else would he wanna use cloth and i was soo surprised at how strongly he felt about never using a sposie (and how it wouldnt happen as we are never gonna split) bless him :cloud9:

anyhoo...did i actually answer the original Q there or did i just ramble on???

Yeah sort of, Jake doesn't mind how it fastens but won't go near a Disana tie on, lol. He likes the BG AIOs, doesn't like stuffing pockets so I do them before they are put away, doesn't mind snaps or velcro but would never choose to use fitteds and wool over something with PUL in.

He puts the night nappy on every night so he has requested that there be a few of the same so he doesn't have to rememeber too many things!! So we have mostly bedbugs now, which he likes.

He is not so keen on the names though, he makes up names for them, he can't stand 'weenotions' he hates it! Although the other day I used his made up name and he was like 'don't you mean the dreamscape?!' Ha ha ha :rofl:

:rofl: bless him....Rob calls Disana wollies her 'granny pants' :haha:

We've only been full time cloth for maybe a month and I want to make things as easy, quick and simple as possible. OH is a 6ft 5" monster and does have hands like dinner plates, he was finding poppers fiddly to do up, I think he was scared of doing them too tight for Chloe as well. Seeing as 50% of the nappies we had were poppers, I didnt want OH not to use them, he does nappy changes when he gets home from work and most of the time at the weekend.

Also I'm finding that I prefer a streamlined nappy stash, not too many different inserts flying around etc. So Gro babys are our normal daytime nappy, bg v3's are backups if we run out of clean gro baby shells, sized bg aio's will be our change bag nappies as they are v v trim, easy to put and are the best looking under clothes, pop ins for nighttime and mini lala/fancy others for showing off at home or out.

Maybe once we're more established I'll get some poppers again, but it's not restricted us from getting a certain type of nappy, all our favourites come with velcro, pop ins, gro baby, bg v3, rumparooz, mini lala, etc. And I think the velcro does give a better fit on Chloe, as she's so small still you can get the velcro to the perfect size, whereas with the itti's it seemed a little gapey or too tight!

I'm sure once I become a nappy vetern and Chloe properly fits into all nappies, I'll just get whatever is pretty and takes my fancy!

HTH & sorry for the essay! xx

Im nice...sort of! OH doesnt like anything with poppers but I prefer poppers. His favorite ones are pop-ins and the aplix blueberrys so I have stocked up on them as he does do his fair share of nappy changing. He can manage to put together the snap in types (Ittis and Pop-Ins) but has no idea where to start with stuffing pockets and cant even understand the Flips so I put all the nappies together and stack them in thier box or on the tower upstairs. If I accidentally leave night nappies downstairs he will put them on and not put a wrap on...he definitely cant cope with anything that needs a wrap so I sold everything that needed wraps that I wouldnt use for nighttime as its silly to have them around unused or ending up with a soggy baby because he forgot.

my OH is lazy, I washed all Aimees night nappies barring one yesterday so i had one for night when they werent dry, but she decided to fill it so i shouted down to him

"can you get me one of the older nappies, either orange,purple,blue or yellow, they have totsbots on the label, they look like towel material"

my god you'd have thought id asked him to look for something not known to the human race the way he went on with himself
he knows which nappies are totsbots, he knows when i want a day nappy i want the pretty ones and when i want a night nappy i mean the tie died ones
he cant be bothered doing nappies, he leaves them to me all the time, it was the same before we switched, i think in total hes done about 15 cloth nappies since we switched when she was 7 weeks.

Awww, I love reading about helpful OHs :cloud9:

I guess we'll see what DH is REALLY like with the nappies very soon, but it was shocking to me that he preferred the idea of terries and prefolds and a seperate wrap. He is genuinely very good at folding them (on a teddy...again, no practice on a live wriggling child yet!) and loves nippas and boosters and liners, and understands different ones for different things. He likes the Flips, too, he says they are 'very sensible'.

I'm not sure how many of the prettier nappies he's seen, but he DID go gooey over the Blueberry SS in Blue Camo, especially when I told him it was a medium and so 'imagine him crawling around in the babylegs and that and a cute tshirt'. I think he's going to be a show off Dad :haha:
He seems to see it all as my crazy maternal obsession, much in the same way as he sees the cute but functional clothes...I think he'd have Daniel in white baby gros and vests, plain white terries and wraps if he could choose (but he can't, so he has red babygros with patterns and purple and blue nappies!!!).

I change most nappies but if all nappies are ready and stuffed etc, he usually reaches for a flip, he uses pop ins but thats cos I have loads and the bumgenius. He's really good with them all really, although harder to get the ittis on now with bigger hands and smallish nappies :rofl:

I just choose what I like, but I have them all ready to go in baskets in the bedroom so all he has to do is look at how they are done up etc and then redo it on her. If they have snaps, I do them up on the right setting so he can't really get it wrong. I probably don't give him enough credit though... he manages just fine when left to his own devices! I don't really involve him with choosing nappies as he isn't that interested, though he'll oooh and ahhh to a satisfactory level when they arrive to keep me happy. :rofl: I did once let him choose the colour of one, and it was the only nappy we've ever tried that really didn't work for us :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->