Do you carry too many baby stuff?

bebi

Reaction score
Hi parents!

I am a university student conducting a study on parents carrying baby stuff when out with the baby.

Please take a moment or two to answer the following for me.

1) What do you bring along (relating to baby) when you go out with your baby?

2) Do you think you carry too many baby things when going out shopping / to the park / friends hse / etc?

3) Do you find it easy to find a particular item that you are carrying when attending to your baby's needs?

4) If given a choice, would you prefer to lighten the load?

Thank you for your kind feedback!

Nappies and change bag, carton of milk, small scissors, sterilised bottle, bottle of water, antibacterial gel, dummy, muslin, bib, toys

2) Do you think you carry too many baby things when going out shopping / to the park / friends hse / etc?

No. What I have is unfortunately necessary.

3) Do you find it easy to find a particular item that you are carrying when attending to your baby's needs?

eventually. It's in the bag somewhere!

4) If given a choice, would you prefer to lighten the load

There is no choice, the load can not be lightened. Of course, a bag such as Mary Poppins had would be useful.

Backpack with change gear, diaper and clothes changes, maybe a few small toys, some first aid items, usually a back-up bottle for a feed.
Every single item has been proven necessary thus far.
Fairly easy. The back pack has different compartments and the things are quasi-organized.
And be stuck needing something away from home? I'd definitely rather be prepared.

1, nappies, wipes, bibs, dummy+pot with spare dummy,change of clothes,bottle, formula,water in a bottle, couple of toys

2,nope all necassary

3, after much digging around in a bag

4,of course but i need it all

1) What do you bring along (relating to baby) when you go out with your baby? nappies, wipes, food, bottles, formula, spoons, milton wipes and handgel, spare clothes, socks tights cardi calpol bongela, spare dummies and food and heating flasks

2) Do you think you carry too many baby things when going out shopping / to the park / friends hse / etc? oh yes!!

3) Do you find it easy to find a particular item that you are carrying when attending to your baby's needs? not really

4) If given a choice, would you prefer to lighten the load? yes - but i wouldn't want to buy things whilst out, it would be better if i had a larger, more accessible bag!

1) What do you bring along (relating to baby) when you go out with your baby?Nappies, small suducreme tub, nappy sacks, wipes, spare outfit, muslin square, bottle of milk (maybe two depending how long im gonna be out) spare dummy, bottle of infacol

2) Do you think you carry too many baby things when going out shopping / to the park / friends hse / etc? I think i only really take what i need, i've not had to use the spare outfit yet though

3) Do you find it easy to find a particular item that you are carrying when attending to your baby's needs? Yes, the bag has lots of compartments and i know what goes where!

4) If given a choice, would you prefer to lighten the load? Don't think its possible!

- Going out I bring her diaper bag packed with: at least one sleeper usually, a hat, sweater (weather in Canada is tricky like that), receiving blankets, changing pad, a few diapers (depending on how long I'll be), wipes, Purel for my hands, Vaseline, Desitin, a washcloth, bibs, a onesie and spare pair of pants, her sunglasses, a couple of toys
- Plus a stroller or baby sling or car seat

- Yeah. But the times I "pack light" I need something I've left at home.

- Yes and no. I know where major items are like diapers, wipes, bottles... but if I've thrown her socks in her diaper bag, it takes some digging.

- Yeah, but not at the expense of being under prepared or short on wipes :rofl:

Ummm big bag with Nappies, wipes, nappy bags, changing mat, bibs, muslins, spare clothes, suncream, hats (for hot/cold weather), blanket, teddy, rattle, sudocream, calpol.
Yes i dont need all of it all the time but i find it easier to just have it all in one bag to grab when i leave the house than to have to back a bag for each individual occasion.

No!! My changing bag just has one big compartment and everything gets lost (especially my phone) i would love a bag with loads of different sized labeled pockets

Yes please!!

Changing Bag including the essentials - nappy, changing mat, wipes, barrier cream, bib, muslin square, dummy and nappy bag

Yes, definately but we need too because no-where provides what we need for our individual baby.

I can find the dummy easier as it is attached to a 'soother saver'

Of Course

Bottle of milk or juice; snack i.e. rice cakes or rusk; nappies; nappy acks; baby wipes; spare dummies; spare bib; muslin; spare change of clothes; toy or teddy.
I make sure I only fill the one bag full of my daughters things, it's enough for me to manage with allowing for other shopping bags if I need to do shopping etc
yes, I pack her bag the same each day so i can put my hand straight on whatever it is I need, if it's her dummy or a bib.
I try to be as practical as possible and I feel I manage, i don't think I could lighten the load really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->