Do you eat with your baby?

princess31

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if you all eat at the same time as your los? I try to as I think it'll help with his weaning but it's hard as I'm normally rushing around and louis is in bed when we have our tea. What do you all do?

I'm really struggling at the moment to get him back onto solids after a couple of bouts of illness so I'll try anything. It's really hard work!

Not really. In the mornings she is usually starving so she gets bottle and breakfast before I eat. At lunch I feed her than she stays in her high chair while I quickly eat something (although usually she does end up nibbling stuff off my plate). She is in bed by 6:30--before we have dinner! We do try on the weekends though (usually Sunday because we're busy on Saturdays most weekends) to have a late lunch/early dinner around 2-3 which hits her afternoon snack. We all eat together than, her with her snack and us with our meal which she loves

6:30 ?? how do you do it lol Theres no way i could get max in bed by that time he has his supper at 6 pm lol

what time does she wake up ?

between 7 and 7:30 most days :lol:

she's a crank by 6:30 (if not earlier :rofl:)

She has dinner around 5:30, bath, playtime, bottle, bed

Wow that is amazing lol wish max would sleep earlier lol h goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes up at 7 am just in time for brekkie and out the door to daycare

omg Vickie, I'm totally jelaous!
There's no way I'd manage to get Lola in bed before 10.30!

To answer to the OP : no, I don't, I eat something before she wakes up and and after she's asleep and while she is awake during the day I just nibble on things.

I eat lunch with Sam, but I'm usually rushing around trying to get things done while I sort out his breakfast, and he has dinner before OH is home from work (although I sometimes have more food then because watching him eat makes me hungry :lol:)

He's usually far more interested in my lunch than his though, even if we have pretty much the same...seems to taste better from my plate!

Im hoing that it will work out for us to eat at least unc together once shes havng real food

I eat lunch with Sam, but I'm usually rushing around trying to get things done while I sort out his breakfast, and he has dinner before OH is home from work (although I sometimes have more food then because watching him eat makes me hungry :lol:)

He's usually far more interested in my lunch than his though, even if we have pretty much the same...seems to taste better from my plate!

Hannah's the same. :rofl:

I was all for coming on this thread asking what on earth was going on... until I re-read the title and realised it doesn't actually say Do you eat your baby :dohh:

Yes, I eat pretty much every meal with Colton. I feel its good and I've heard that it "makes kids feel like their parents are proud of them".
I eat a small breakfast before Colton has his morning bottle (which can be 1-1.5hours after he wakes!!) then an hour after his bottle, we have breakfast together, when he wakes up from his nap he has lunch and I eat something small like a corndog, a sandwich, something. Then we all eat dinner together as a family. :)

I'd love OH & I to eat our meals with Lewis but it's just not possible.

We could do breakfast but when he goes to the childminder there won't be time for us to eat breakfast at home. He has lunch early usually around 11.30, to early for me to eat. Then he has his tea about 6.00 by which time OH isn't home from work and I haven't had time to make tea until after he's gone to bed at 7.30 or OH gets in and makes it.

I hope as he gets older his routine & timings may change slightly so it would be easier for us all to eat together, at least on the weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->