Do you ever feel like people want you to fail?

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
Lo is 1 year old now and we've been blw since she actually got interested in food at about 7.5 months. She rarely gags, will give anything a go and absolutely loves her fruit. Friends/family/work colleagues will often ask how the weaning is going/what she likes to eat, so I tell them and then I get comments like 'oh it won't last, she won't always be such a good eater' or 'she won't always love fruit, every baby goes through a fussy stage - she'll start refusing it soon'. Why oh why do they have to be so negative, its like they want me to fail at bringing my daughter up to eat well and healthily! Anyone else had such negativity from others?

I have gotten comments like that before from a few people too, just things like, "oh wait till she gets older, thats when shell become more fussy". To be quite honest I just tend to ignore the comments, I have 2 older children and even though they were tw they are fanastic eaters, they still eat all their veg and fruit and actually like it, so I dont think all children do just go fussy.
This time we blw and even though the other 2 are great I would still say she is better than they was at her age. :flower:

Yes and from my mother!!! She didnt want to hear about the benefits to BLW and was like "When he doesn't gain any weight you will know that I am right"! Arg!:growlmad: Thinking about it now makes me mad. She got me so upset we slowed down on solids while we were visiting so I could dodge the drama. Now that we are home we are moving back to a normal schedule.

I don't get why some people have to be negative when what you are doing with YOUR child differs from what they did with theirs. Oh well. When LO eats anything I put in front of him and has a healthy relationship with food I will know I did well.

Yes! I find this with every aspect of raising a baby though. LO started crawling last night and all I've heard from people so far is "oh your life just got a lot harder".

A lot of people I know seem very wary of BLW and most of them just refuse to talk to me about it! One friend watched LO eat a whole tray of food by herself and then asked "when are you going to start giving her baby food?"

Just you wait until she's 2 :rofl:

Sorry, no, it IS annoying when people say that kind of thing to you. My friends LO is 8 months older than Ruby and I was telling her about a year ago, all the lovely healthy vegetables Ruby ate. She was telling me that her LO wouldn't eat this, wouldn't eat that, and I was like :wacko: but now, Ruby is the same!

They don't ALL go through a fussy stage though, just most :dohh:

Just you wait until she's 2 :rofl:

Sorry, no, it IS annoying when people say that kind of thing to you. My friends LO is 8 months older than Ruby and I was telling her about a year ago, all the lovely healthy vegetables Ruby ate. She was telling me that her LO wouldn't eat this, wouldn't eat that, and I was like :wacko: but now, Ruby is the same!

They don't ALL go through a fussy stage though, just most :dohh:

I do appreciate that most lo's will go through a fussy stage, I guess my problem is the way in which they say it, almost with glee! Idk, maybe most of its in my head! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->