Do you get OV pains?

emma2810

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Well according to some internet site my fertile days are from today until Friday {providing I do have a 30 day cycle}
(b/d every other day though just incase)

And Im feeling quite crampy,surely its too soon for af when it was only on the 2nd dec so almost 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone get cramps that ARENT to do with af???

:/

x

i sometimes can feel ov pains, but last month i couldn't, this month i think i felt them on cd11 this cycle.

fingers crossed that it is ov for you.

I used to get a sharp twinging pain from either my left or right side during ovulation....now I get a heavy cramping like AF is about to start its really uncomfortable like my insides are gonna fall out between my legs...I guess my body got rearranged by my son?:shrug:

Emma.xx

I tend to get ov pains from either right ov or left ov.

Thanks hopefully thats what it is then! fx! :)

I got what I think are OV pains around CD 12,13 and 14, still feel a little crampy now on and off but not as bad. I know it's not AF cause I'm only on CD16 now.

OMG! I didn't know we get ov pain during ovulation! So that's what I've experienced almost every month...sometimes I get sharp pulling kind of pain on my left side (not for long just a brief come & go pain) and sometimes on my left...never too late, now I know..and wouldn't be worried...Tnx ladies!

How funny, I was just wondering the same thing and then I saw your post! Here is what I was reading about it last night

About 20% of women experience mittelschmerz, or pain associated with ovulation. The pain may occur just before, during, or after ovulation.

There are several explanations for the cause of this pain. Just prior to ovulation, follicle growth may stretch the surface of the ovary, causing pain. At the time of ovulation, fluid or blood is released from the ruptured egg follicle and may cause irritation of the abdominal lining. Mittelschmerz may be felt on one side one month, then switch to the opposite side the next month, or it may be felt on the same side for several months in succession.

The pain is not harmful and does not signify the presence of disease. In fact, women who feel this pain may be at an advantage when planning or trying to avoid pregnancy. A woman is most likely to become pregnant just before ovulation, on the day of ovulation, or immediately after ovulation. However, birth control methods that rely solely on predicting ovulation are far from completely reliable.

Weird that they say only 20% experience this. We are all apparently in that 20%. I always thought it was odd that I was able to tell what side I was ovulating from and during my first pregnancies could SWEAR I could tell which side the baby had attached to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->