Do you give your 6 month old snacks?

porkypig

Reaction score
If so, when and what? The Hv mentioned it today and I didn't really ask her but I don't know what I'd give and when I'd fit it in as her daily menu looks like this;

Breakfast and milk

Milk

Lunch and dessert

Milk

Dinner and dessert

Milk for bedtime.

Honestly, I think that at 6 months milk is all that's need for a "snack". 3 solid meals a day at 6 months is all that's needed other and bm/formula. Once you get to more like 9 months or so you can start to incorperate snacks like dry cereal or those little baby fruit puff things if you're going that route, it helps with their pincher grasp then too. I wouldn't worry about it for now, these HV's give weird advice it seems :shrug:

I give her the odd bit of ricecake or banana every now and then but nothing regular. More to suck than anything else.

I give DS some fruit or veg early afternoon

Bit of rice cake mid-afternoon (after his milk) but that could be because his big sisters are having a snack and he wants one too!

Bit of rice cake mid-afternoon (after his milk) but that could be because his big sisters are having a snack and he wants one too!

Daft question but when you talk about rice cakes, are they special any ones or just the normal ones you buy when dieting?!

i dunno if you need to get special ones but i get the organix apple ones. I guess the only difference is they are small and thin and taste slightly of apple so a bit sweeter than normal ones not quite as bland.

Daft question but when you talk about rice cakes, are they special any ones or just the normal ones you buy when dieting?!

At the mo he eats the organix raspberry and blueberry rice cakes, I like them cause they are small, when he gets a bit bigger I will just buy the normal rice cakes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->