do you have to have an epidural once youve had betamethasone shots?

SummerLily

mummy To Triplet Boys
Reaction score
hi ladies !

i went for my latest scan today and found that i will be delivering the triplets via c section on the 15th march !! :happydance:

I went to see the anesthatist a few weeks back and we discussed the options for during the c section and she thought the spinal block would be better so that was what we went for , today the consultant told me that i would need to get 2 betamethasone steroid injections done to help mature babys lungs as there coming at 32 weeks and ive come home and done some research but everything ive found regarding c sections says that the c section will follow using an epidural ???????? does this mean that i now have to have a epidural and wont be able to have the spinal block ????

The steroid shots have nothing to do with the spinal. I had the shots and then had a spinal. Usually only do the epidural if they don't know that you will be having a section and you will be laboring for a bit. The spinal is a one time dose with no catheter being left in your back. It wears off in about 4 hours or so. should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->