Do you have to have sex on ovulation day in order to conceive?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I'm not using OPKs or really tracking anything as of yet, but I do have an app on my phone that tells me my predicted O day based on the start date of my last period and it was supposed to be yesterday. My partner works weird hours and it's impossibe to schedule intercourse and I didn't see him at all yesterday but we did have sex the three days prior. Just wondering what my chances of a BFP could be?

To help you out try your best to BD every other day to every other 2 days. But to answer your question, yes, there's always a chance. BD as often as you can but don;t be worried if you don't get a chance to every day....my friend got preg from BD just a couple times a week...so you'll be ok :)

I got pregnant the last two times by only having sex once, the day before ovulation.

It's better to be at the station waiting for the train.... or something hahah.

Yup research says it's best to dtd the day before or two days before O bc some changes need to occur to the sperm before they meet the egg and that takes time. Plus they survive a long time in fertile CM so Rhi says they'll be already waiting when the short lived egg shows up ;)

There's definitely a chance, healthy sperm can live up to 3-5 days. Chances are definitely better the day of or before

I guess I'll just have to wait and see! I'm not even confident that I was ovulating then, as I didn't have any EWCM. Sigh, seems really stressful having to time BD around a specific day. I always thought TTC would just be a matter of going off the pill and it would just magically happen but it doesn't seem like it is going to be that way.

It's such a strange thing to wrap your head around that you spend years not wanting to get pregnant thinking it could happen *anytime* you have sex...and then suddenly you want to get pregnant and you get like 3 days a month where you have a chance.

Isn't it? Kind of makes me wish I went off bc sooner. Lots of things I didn't even consider before ttc and now find myself obsessing over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->