Do you HAVE to pee after BD & did you notice this too? TMI

GreyGirl

Pregnant with no2!
Reaction score
I didn't last time I got pregnant, but this time I have been peeing about 15mins after BD...I read on here someone got a UTI...is this likely? I'm worried about a UTI but also about getting rid of too many sperm.

Also, while I'm in the question-asking mood, I read also on here that if you finish after your partner ejaculates then it 'scoops' the sperm up and so less comes out so increasing your chances of conceiving? I HATE the bit after when he withdraws and stuff comes out, but it has to happen I guess. But last night I finished at the same time as him and it felt like less came out...could this be why?

Sorry if this is TMI, but they've been on my mind and I had no one else to ask...

Hey Grey!
Dont worry about TMI. Thats what we're here for!
Im not sure about the peeing thing. I always try to pee before sex, so that i dont feel the need to go afterwards. Then I can stay lying down so the sperm stays in.
But i think that having sex often triggers the need to pee, possibly coz of all the stimulation in that area.

And regarding your second question, that is definitely true. If you "finish" after your partner, your muscles contract, which sucks the sperm up into your womb/uterus. I also hate the bit afterwards when the sperm comes out, coz im so desperate for them all to stay in. So you're best either "finishing" at the same time, or after your partner.

Hope that helps!!
xx

Hello. I have had so many bouts of UTI's I have lost count. They mainly come on about a day or two after sex, so my doctor has always advised to have a wee straight after doing it. In this situation, I lie still with my hips propped up for about 20 mins and then pop to the loo after that trying to keep my muscles contracted at the same time so as not to lose loads of sperm - but to be honest after 20 mins, the good ones would have made ir in a bit further I hope!

I always pee immediately after BD. We just started TTC and during that time I wait about 5 minutes to go pee, but I dont want to risk waiting any longer because I always always get a bladder infection if I wait more than few minutes. I have found if I contract my vagina(haha) when I get up tp pee and slowly try to release my bladder while still trying to keep the sperm in(like doing a kegel), usually not much semen comes out, but I am able to pee. Ya its not the easiest thing and takes a couple minutes, but it helps! Also, I would for sure drink a bunch of water about an hour before BD that way after BD its easier to get the pee out while still keeping semen in. I know I'm odd, but I swear it helps! Then I go back and lay down and elevate my hips.
Anyway I just got my BFP a few days ago after 2 months TTC(though I did get a BFP in October that was chemical and that was actually our 1st month TTC)

I go pee straight after b'd ing, I am talking immediately and sadly our pregnancies have ended in m/c so far, but we have got pregnant 4 times in less than a year, so I don't think it lessens your chances. The sperm that are up high in there are already in the cm and heading up!

Seems a UTI would be worse early in pregnancy, because high temps in early pregnancy are bad.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->