Do you have underlay??

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
We are moving house soon and need to get the whole house carpeted, maybe laminate in lounge/hall not sure yet.

Anyway I saw some carpets online last night, the twist ones, and it said there was no need for underlay. I worked it out and it would come to around £380 for the carpet, plus grippers and fitting so I'd say £600 max. That's a lot less than the quote we got from SCS.................£1700!!!

Now my question is does anyone have a twist carpet with no underlay? Is it still soft or would recommend getting underlay or vice versa??

xx

I'm not sure what you mean by twist carpet but we have carpet upstairs and it it didn't need underlay...I think some carpets come with underlay already attached if that makes sense? x

I wouldnt put down carpet or laminate without underlay myself.

Some carpets don't need underlay but I have underlay and I like it. I have a thick pile carpet

Twist carpet is when it comes up in little twists, rather than just being flat on the floor and smooth iykwim?? It says its felt backed so not sure if that makes a difference :shrug:

For those that don't have underlay, is you carpet just as soft without it??

Xx

Twist carpet is when it comes up in little twists, rather than just being flat on the floor and smooth iykwim?? It says its felt backed so not sure if that makes a difference :shrug:

For those that don't have underlay, is you carpet just as soft without it??

Xx

Yes, our old carpets had separate underlay, new ones don't and you can't tell the difference x

I have underlay under my carpets and my laminate x

I have underlay and the carpet is so cheap you wouldnt know!

We have similar carpet to what you describe and for our whole flat (which has more floor space than most 3-4 bed houses) it cost £750 including underlay and fitting. Often the small local carpet shops are cheaper than the big chains, allied carpets quoted us nearly 2k for a less nice carpet and no underlay! xx

We have similar carpet to what you describe and for our whole flat (which has more floor space than most 3-4 bed houses) it cost £750 including underlay and fitting. Often the small local carpet shops are cheaper than the big chains, allied carpets quoted us nearly 2k for a less nice carpet and no underlay! xx

That sounds like a more reasonable price, thanks for that hun :thumbup::thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->