Do you know where I have heard this name?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

So me and OH are struggling to find a name for our second little guy.

This is only 1 name that we both really like but im quite conscious that it is on something quite popular.

The name is Alekae - without looking it up do you know where I heard it and would you say its a reason to not use it?

thanks

I really like it, I've not heard it before and I've just done a google and its not brought anything up to suggest its a common name.

i would assume:

the kids film Madagascar where alex returns home to africa and rediscovers his pride name?

(pronounced 'ALEC - I' unless im just getting it wrong lol)

I know a little guy named Alacai (I think pronounced the same?) and he is such a doll. I had never heard of the name before...

Haven't heard it before, don't know how to pronounce it tho! Ali-Kay or Ali-kiy I would think?

Never heard of it... How would you pronounce it?

I've never heard anyone called it either but I instantly thought of Madagascar too x

I haven't heard it before and wouldn't know where you got it but I also wouldn't know how to pronounce it though. If it is from Madagascar, I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's not going to be huge in a few years time.

I think it's an awesome name! I've never heard it before but I really love it!

I cannot work out how to pronounce it which makes me dislike it.

I've only watched 1 or 2 episodes but I thought game of thrones but I've read the replies and maybe I was wrong & thinking of Madagascar!!!

I thought it was from Vampire Diaries but that's Alarik so I was wrong lol.

Nice name though.

x

Madagascar 2. It was Alex's real name before being captured. I love Madagascar LOL.

Edited to add: With that spelling I autmatically pronounced it al-a-kay

I actually just looked up Madagascar and Alex's pride name in Madagascar 2 is spelled Alekay

honesty cant think of anyone else with the name in though, although it is apparently a place in Indonesia

thanks ladies :) some of you guessed it! I heard it from madagascar :rofl:

would it be weird to use it ?

I dont think its weird but it will probably get shortened to Alec or Alex (like in the film)

I dont think its weird but it will probably get shortened to Alec or Alex (like in the film)

i did think this but our sons has an unusual name but it can be shortened to Zac and our friends and family know we dont shorten his name to this and we never have anyone call him Zac so i think we could easily prevent Alex with this one :)

Don't think it would it would be weird to use it, you might just have to make your peace with people pronouncing it wrong if they read it or having to spell the name each time. If you are ok with that I wouldn't let the Madagascar thing get in the way, these films come and go and it wasn't a huge film like twilight or something, I don't know that mnay people who have seen it if they haven't got kids! X

bonnie - yes also the character is actually called Alex its in second film he ends up finding his parents who tell him his name used to be alekae so he don't even go by it in the film x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->