Do you like this name? How common is it?

windswept

Reaction score
Kyle

Looking for a nice Scottish boys name... But Kyle sounds more American to me for some reason - why do I keep thinking Jeremy Kyle?!

It's the only name my husband has suggested, and I like it...

Do you know many Kyle's? I don't know any, which is exactly what I want, but it isn't exactly rare going by the baby name websites.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I dont know any kyles, but think the name sounds really nice, trendy without being too obvious. good luck

i like this name, its actually a name i would have liked for my own little one but my nephew already has it.

I don't know of any Kyles personally. I looked it up with the Office of National Statistics for 2009 (2010 data not out yet) and it was the 74th most popular boys name with 892 baby boys named Kyle in 2009 in England and Wales. So here it's neither really common nor uncommon. I have no idea where you find the data for births registered in Scotland, sorry!

Thanks Discoclare! Very kind of you to go to that effort for me. I'll find out the same statistics for Scotland, although I guess it will be similar.

i do not personally know of any kyle's either (i'm from the states) but i do like the name!

I know a good handful of them - but a) I'm in Canada, and b) all of them are teenagers or early 20s; I can't think of any under 14. :)

they were probably named after Kyle MacLachlan, who was very popular in the early 1990s in Twin Peaks. :lol:

i know two kyles but both are in there late teens, i dont no any younger children called kyle. thats the name i wanted to ccall my little lad though but the wonderful OH got her way instead :D

I know one Kyle - it's a great name! It's popular in a 'traditional classic' way, not a trendy way :)

I think Kyles lovely. I know a four year old called Kyle but that's it, not that common where I'm from in Yorkshire. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->