Do you spot before AF?

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone spots before AF an has had a successful pregnancy?

I can spot for 2-5 days before AF comes, and then spot afterward and just wondering if it could affect my fertility?

I don't, but I don't see why spotting around AF would effect fertility. I'm no expert though.

I've read it could be due to progesterone levels being low so I'm wondering if that's the case or not. Sometimes I can spot 8-9DPO, and I'm
Wondering if that has any effect on my luteal phase :) hopefully not.

Hoping some ladies can say they sometimes spot days in advance and have still had a successful pregnancy.

I've spotted days prior for about 8 months, so nearly every month since I stopped bcp

That's what I'm going through now...been off bcp since October 2013. I spot a couple of days before ovulation then again 3-4 days before AF. I am also very concerned about it affecting my fertility. I think it is a hormonal issue. Got an appointment on Wednesday to discuss it with my doctor. I'll update you and let you know what he says.

I do, only since the birth of DD#2. From 3-7 days before AF, and also after.
My doctor wasn't too worried about it, hopefully if your LF is long enough it doesn't signal low prog.

Check out the HUGE thread, a lot of ladies have gone on to get preg.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...g-week-before-af-every-month-anyone-else.html

I always had brown spotting 1-2 days before full blown AF. When I got pregnant I had no spotting before AF was due.

I've always had spotting before af was due, sometimes starting at 9dpo, I have one son and am six weeks with my second :flower:

Last three cycles i have spotted two days prior to af.. No bfp yet

UPDATE: My doctor said that chronic spotting is a sign that you're not ovulating. In my case I spot at least 3 days out of the week before and after AF. So he wants me to start clomid next cycle...

I almost always spotted starting between CD24 and 25 and then AF began around CD27 or 28. I had a lap in February and my doctor found mild endo that he said could have been the cause. My first period after the lap I didn't spot at all and AF showed up on CD28. When I was reading about spotting before your period prior to the lap, I read that it may result in enough time for implantation to occur. I was about to start taking some supplements when my RE recommended the lap so I didn't. My RE said I am ovulating, but I'm sure there's a number of causes and reasons for the symptoms. I'm hoping a slightly longer cycle gets us our BFP:) Good luck!

I spot from OV to AF. I haven't had a successful pregnancy yet while having the spotting but I did get pregnant so I know I ovulate. Mine is due to a cervical abrasion. I'm taking B complex now just incase any of it is due to low progesterone. I would get it checked out if you're at all worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->